Which Review Site Is Best

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Waynefire • Jun 1, 2012.

1. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    With so many people wanting reviews of products before they buy now it seems like everyone under the sun has a review site. Since so many people have a review site now which do you think is the best one around?

2. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I find metacritic to be the most broad review site out there. I don't know what you're in the market for, but I usually shop online for games, music and such, so it's a great review site for me. For general products, I tend to go to it's Amazon page, though, or checkout a few other forums such as this one.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I normally just stick with Amazon for the reviews. Probably because I'm already there to buy the item, but mainly because their site actually works smoothly. I can easily pick through the rankings and go from there. Outside of that, I'll go to Engadget to not just read their review, but also the comments to the review. I like to see what the reaction to the professional's opinion is and see it from another perspective.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the particular item but I tend to use Amazon.com and consumerreports.org for most of them. For games, I look at the customer reviews on gamestop.com.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    You have to watch out on Amazon because they pay people for those reviews. Sometimes the people don't even own the item they're reviewing about, and it gives a false impression of the merchandise. I like to go to CNET for all my electronic reviews, because they know their stuff.

#5Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon has a verification system where they note whether the person has purchased the item. Not to mention, I read the good, the bad and the indifferent reviews, so it all balances out even with the paid reviews. I know there are times where I've written some reviews that may look like it was paid for, but I was just that pleased with the purchase.

7. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    I've heard that Amazon does that with their books reviews but I've never heard of this practice with the merchandise. I normally use Amazon but now I may look elsewhere.

8. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I always go the the page of the item on Amazon and review it there.

9. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon pays people for reviews? I did not know about this at all. I am curious how you go about getting this type of gig!

10. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I actually visit multiple different review sites when I want to read reviews. It allows me a wider range of opinions to draw my own conclusion from.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I just saw a job on a microtask site and I don't think it was actually Amazon that was paying, but rather the people connected to the product that would pay you to go to Amazon's site and post a review. Personally, I think Amazon is too large and has too many customers to waste money on reviews. But, the people behind the products would.

12. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    My go to site is usually Amazon. But I also just Google the product and go to different sites to compare. If people all on different sites are saying the same thing whether it be positive or negative, it probably is true.

13. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I guess it depends on what I need a review on. Usually, I only need to look up or research electronics, such as systems, tablets,
    games, etc., and I usually go to CNET for those. But whenever I research something, I cross reference, so I'm liable to get a ton
    of different reviews from different sites because I'll google search whatever it is that I'm interested in directly and peruse different
    links.