Which season do you hate the most?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by 003 • May 19, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the most summer. During summer, it feels like hell because it's really hot. I sweat all day, all night. Even during at night, it's still hot because of the hot water vapor. I really can't sleep. I can't go out because the sunlight Sears my skin. I would really have to use a sunblock when going out or wear a jacket, otherwise my skin will get scorched.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have to be very honest here that I hate every seasons in my country :D

We only have two seasons. When it's a summer season, the temperature can be really hot and humid that it makes it difficult to be outside at a day time. During the rainy season, it will always be raining heavily, it can sometimes be all day that it makes it difficult to be doing something outside too without a strong and a big umbrella :(

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't hate any seasons! There is good in all of them. I hate extremes - which means I hate summer when it's too hot and winter when it's too cold. As it's hot more than it's cold in my country, I would say my least favorite season is summer, but I still enjoy it!

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't hate any season. I think every season has pros and cons. If I had to pick the one I like the least it would be summer. The humidity can be stifling and it makes it hard to participate in outside activities.

5. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Being from Canada I have to say winter. It gets so cold, walking and driving become a huge pain. It takes forever to get enough layers on the kids so they keep warm. Shoveling snow sucks, brushing snow off your car sucks. I feel like I could go on forever..

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? Summer is my favorite season. I don't mind the hot. Yeah it's gross to sweat but it's a necessary bodily function. I even know this from experience. It's not too bad since I have a fan in my room constantly running. I always make sure to have water and deodorant handy. The only time it is bad if I'm suffocating in the car but we have a fan there too and sometimes we can roll the windows down a little. The only thing I really don't like about summer is thunderstorms. I'm still irrationally afraid of being outside when it's streaking.
    Winter is my least favorite. I suppose I get that from my father unfortunately but I really can't stand the cold. I guess the worst part about it is having to put on all those layers.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have mixed feelings about summer. I hate the constant heat, but I love my daughter having two months off from school to go places and do stuff together.
    I guess my least favorite season is Spring because because Spring in Florida is hot and there are no major holidays or events. It's boring.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like all seasons. For a long time I lived in a place where we only had a rain and dry season. Monsoon would last between 3-5 months, and during the rest of the year we experienced drought conditions. When I moved to Europe, I was absolutely delighted to be able to enjoy four different seasons again. I love watching how nature changes every few months and how it affects everyday life.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I live where it's really hot during summer and terrible to stay inside sometime but it's not my most hated season because it's when vacation is. Fall is my least favorite because it's the beginning of school and it's not an extreme like Summer or Winter is. Fall does have great holidays like Thanksgiving and Halloween though, which Spring lacks in. But I think Fall is more boring and reminds me of school too much.

10. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Ah, this is an easy one for me. While I love the temp of Spring, it's easily the worst months of the year for me. I have seasonal allergies and it's almost impossible for me to be outside without being completely miserable. I have to start taking my allergy pills like a month before Spring actually starts so I have the medicine in my system already. It's frustrating, because the weather is so nice and I want to be outside, but being able to breath is probably more important!

11. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We spend a lot of time in a third world country doing volunteer work. They have several seasons in the mountain town. The worst season is cyclone season. We are not in as much danger as those on the coast but the drainage isn't very good and so we have flooding and older homes can collapse. There are parasites from dirty water if you aren't careful.

12. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Hate is a harsh word. I don't really hate any season. Summer is my least favorite tho. I do live in Texas where it is summer most of the year, and VERY humid. So it is a very hot hot heat, unlike a dry heat. I actually took a break one year from the Texas heat to go to Sedona in August. No kidding. It was great.

I adapt. I learn how to do things in the very early morning like before dawn, or late at night. I also have patio umbrellas, kiddy pools, umbrella's, and garden misters, etc. I just adapt. That and stay in, lol.

13. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike winter. It's cold, messy and very expensive. The heat drains me of my money, the snow drains me of my energy and Christmas and the New Years Day are just crazy. Maybe I'm too old now to properly appreciate the beauty of winter like I used to do as a child :( But I stand by my choice, winter I dislike!

14. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    I like all the seasons, but I grew up in a place where the temperature is fairly mild year round. So our 'seasons' are pretty weak. I like all the seasons in different ways, but I dislike summer the most. It's too hot to do outdoor activities most of the time, unless you get up really early. It's also rattlesnake season so that's something to worry about. I also feel a dip in energy through the summer. The heat makes me sleepy and makes me want to stay inside and be a couch potato, ironically.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the summer season over here because it can really get scorching hot, and when it does the fan is always turned on, you're always sweaty, and it's generally a very uncomfortable feeling. So that's the obvious reason why I hate the summer season. Rainy days are much better.

16. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    I have to say Winter. At least, as uncomfortable and oppressive as the heat can be, in the summer you get the opportunity to do a lot of activities that you can't do in other seasons, like swimming and going to amusement parks. The winter is just bleak. And with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, everyone gets really stressed out from all of the extra money that they have to spend and often being forced to deal with family that they would rather not see. I love the Spring myself. Flowers everywhere and nice weather.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Winter is my least favorite season, I don't hate it I just don't care for it much. I don't like being cold, I don't like all those heavy clothes we have to wear and did I say I don't like being cold. Shoveling snow is no fun, slipping and sliding on the ground is no fun. And you can't grow any plants out side, in the freezing cold.

18. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Summer is definitely the season I hate the most. Right now its the hottest it has been for a long long time. Farmers are suffering because of the heat and the drought that has come along with it. Its not only that it is hot, it is also dry and dust which lead to my skin scratching all the time. Since I sweat a lot it is uncomfortable and I have to be changing my clothes during the day.

19. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like summer as everyone is in holiday mood, all the children are on holiday and everywhere is busy. I like to go on holiday out of season when it is quieter.
    Prices for traveling go up and work is quiet as everyone is on holiday. The weather is also too humid and uncomfortable and you can't wear make up without it fading.
    I cannot wait for fall to arrive usually when temperatures are comfortable.

20. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I really hate the summer, It gets to hot where I live you cant enjoy the outside much cause it so hot. You have to drink plenty of water and when I tell you that your light bill is so high it terrible. I really hate the summer season and so look forward to the winter and fall to come.