Which site is better Amazon or Ebay?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gmac9100 • Feb 26, 2014.

1. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I am a very active shopper on online. Before I first started shopping online. I would usually shop anywhere. The first retailer with the product I wanted in stock would almost certainly get my business. Online shopping has opened my mind to the world of bargain warehouses, and second hand products. I was shocked at the amount of money that I was able to save shopping at both eBay and Amazon.

lately i have been having an internal debate. Which site is better is better. Amazon or Ebay? In my opinion they are equal. They both have strengths, and weaknesses.

Amazons strengths is that it offers the lowest prices on new products, because of all the bargain warehouses that uses its service. Amazons customer service is amazing in comparison to Ebay. Not to mention for $79.99 a month you get free two day shipping on all purchases over $35.
    In my opinion Ebays strength is it's second hand products. Ebay has so many sellers that you can find just about anything. Amazon cannot boast that about its service. In addition to an endless supply of product. Ebay also uses Paypal as it's payment processor. Which makes checkout quick, and easy.

Who do you think is better?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer Amazon because I think it's safer and more organize when it comes to finding what you are looking for. On Ebay you need to find good and honest sellers, which is not always easy depending on what you want to buy. I personally never had any problems with either one of them, but I did extensive research to find the best products for the best prices from trustworthy sellers. It works, but being careful is necessary. And that goes for every thing you buy online, not only Ebay and Amazon!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Ebay several times already, and I noticed that some sellers, mostly Chinese ones offer free shipping, while in Amazon I never saw any seller so far that offered free shipping. So I would choose Ebay over Amazon based on the free shipping that I get to avail.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have started using Amazon more and more because the sellers on Ebay have become very hit and miss on whether they actually send you the items of not. Both sites send things first class, but all my Amazon still stuff arrives and half of my Ebay stuff doesn't.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon for most things. The shipping is usually cheaper, and you don't have to worry about as many scammers or other issues. You also don't have to worry about the aggravation of bidding.

6. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I trust Amazon much more than ebay, but I can get much better deals and a wider variety on ebay. Despite the fact that ebay has ratings for the users I just trust it less.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I think if you want a piece of mind you should go with Amazon. This doesn't mean that Ebay is not good, Ebay is useful for looking for things at the lowest price. I have found a few things on Ebay to be lower than Amazon even but some of them can't be trusted. Amazon on the other hand has better reputation since it's a company, they also have better customer support.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I buy mostly books and movies online, e-bay beats Amazon by far because I buy second hand products [that are almost as good as new] at less than half the price Amazon charges. It really depends on what you're buying online I guess.

9. DanielFull

DanielFullNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you're purchasing. If you're buying small things, buying them off chinese sellers off ebay will usually be better. If buying larger items with more value (e.g. headphones), you'll want to buy off Amazon (better warranty and communication)

10. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon for me, much less of a chance to be scammed. Much friendlier user interface and most of the time you get cheaper prices. The ability to just outright buy and not have to worry about bidding is another plus for me too!

11. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I've been using Ebay for a while now and so far so good I've been pretty happy with the products that I've ordered from there. I try to research as much as possible before I actually go through with the purchase just to make sure like if the person has any bad reviews then I would reconsider ordering from them. I did order one item from a girl that was broken so when I wrote her a message I expected her to give me a hard time, but she said to return the item and she would give me another one. So I did and sure enough she sent me the new item and it was much better.

12. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon by far. Customer service is better, buyer/seller protection is better and I have always just found it a safer and much more legit environment. Ebay is scammers paradise.

13. mameeker@cuse

mameeker@cuseNew Member

Threads:
    You can find better deal on ebay through their auctions. I would suggest Amazon though, just for their security.

14. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I feel more secure ordering through Amazon. I remember years and years ago using ebay for both selling and buying, and it used to be okay. Now, it's just so scam-y and chaotic. I don't like the layout. It's hard to find what you're looking for.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon because there are many ways to earn free Amazon cards on various websites. So you can get a lot of things for free on Amazon if you plan ahead and combine free gift cards from various sites.

16. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from Amazon seemingly being more secure this is another good point, I love using Amazon gift cards as they're pre paid.

17. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    For me personally it boils down to what it is I am looking to purchase. Amazon is better I'd say if you know exactly what it is that you want and are looking to make a quick purchase. Ebay on the other hand seems better if you're looking to bid on an item or if you are looking for more peculiar items to buy. I will say though, Ebay has grown quite a lot over the years and is working it's way to being just as reliable as Amazon. What it lacks though, is a certain professional touch. When you buy from Amazon, you know that the buyer knows nothing of your private info such as a card number, expiration date, and cv code. On Ebay that isn't really the case. Plus I find most items must be purchased through PayPal which I have a love/hate relationship with. So I guess my vote would go to Amazon.

18. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It actually depends a lot for me.

My main choice comes down to this: I use Amazon for brand new items and I use Ebay for used items. So I would go to Ebay to buy clothes or refurbished electronics, etc. But if I want to buy some grocery items or a brand new electronic item, then I would go to Amazon instead.

19. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop on Amazon because of security. eBay is full of scammers you can never be sure the product will reach you in the said condition. Amazon stays my best option so far.

20. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    Well I see a lot of people talking about more scamming on ebay but I have yet to be scammed. The few times that there have been problems the seller is always nice, understanding, and willing to solve the problem. As long as you go for sellers with 95% and higher positive feedback scammers should not be an issue. I like to use Ebay because they have huge inventory of items at a really good price. I also have used Amazon for a fair share of purchases. I think both sites are equally as good. It really just depends on your personal preference. I would just check both sites for the item you need and pick the one with the cheaper price.