Which site is better Amazon or Ebay?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gmac9100 • Feb 26, 2014.

1. Jennyflower81

Jennyflower81New Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, Amazon is the better store. I know some people love Ebay, but personally, I'd rather not deal with having to bid on things. I know that some things are available for immediate purchase on Ebay, but not everything. On Amazon, I don;t have to worry about that. I have used Amazon Prime for several years. I use my student email address to purchase the student Prime price, which is about $40. This makes online shopping on Amazon completely worth the $40 for Prime shipping, especially at Christmastime. I am the type of person who would much rather shop online than spend time tooling around shops. I save time and gas money and energy by shopping on Amazon. I am disabled so it saves me form making unnecessary trips when I only need a couple of things. The way Amazon advertises is not obnoxious, and their customer service is great. I have often found items that I buy on Amazon to buy way more expensive in a retail store. When my son was a baby, we used the "subscribe and save" option to get a better price on batteries, diapers, and baby wipes, among other things. I just recently bought a new car seat for my son on Amazon, and I was impressed at the large selection that was available. This gives them such an advantage over a store such as Target or Walmart. The selection is so huge, you can get almost anything on there. A few times, stores I shopped at would discontinue an item, but I'd be happy to discover that it was sold on Amazon. I could rave about them all day, and I recommend Amazon to all of my friends.

2. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon just because it is safer. Although E-bay can have some cheaper prices it is a little more sketchy. Amazon has a really good reputation and excellent shipping. But overall E-bay prices are generally cheaper than Amazon.

3. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I think that eBay has a better variety but Amazon has overall better quality. I have plenty of experience with both sites. Amazon is safer and has way faster shipping especially if you are dealing with the Amazon shipping points.

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    Although I think that both Amazon and Ebay are good sites in their own right, I really don't think that it is all that good to compare the two of them because they are in fact very different sites.

I used to do a lot of shopping on Ebay when my kids were younger for used clothes for them and I didn't ever have a problem with any of the sellers that I dealt with, but I do know that there are people that have problems with some sellers.

I really do have a love affair with Amazon though. I am fortunate enough to be able to earn a lot of free gift cards from them from some of the sites that I use online and that is a great thing for me. This means that I do a lot of my online shopping there because it really doesn't cost me anything to shop on there. In addition to that, their prices are always better than prices that I'm able to find here in town, so that makes it great for me as well since I always try to spend as little as I can for the most. I also love the fact that I can typically get free shipping on almost all my orders even though I don't subscribe to Amazon prime.

5. mizzperdue

mizzperdueNew Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Amazon, I shop on this site for everything but food. What I love the most is there prime membership and two day shipping. Amazon is a well trusted site. If you haven't tried it you need too. Please believe me when I tell you love them.

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I disagree. This is flat out wrong. It is a well known fact that people make a lot of money online by buying things from Amazon, and reselling them on Ebay. This because Amazon has much cheaper prices, and free shipping for $80 a year. I have no idea why Ebay is still so popular when there is obviously a better service. To be used.

7. victor

victorNew Member

Threads:
    With Ebay am good to go, i got a lot of free shipping from them which cut down my cost a lot, they also have great second hand products and paypal payments inclusive which is my best.

8. Mercvry

MercvryBanned

Threads:
    I personally prefer using Ebay simply because I can use paypal on it. And ebay seems to be cheaper a lot of the time.

9. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that amazon is a lot better then Ebay in terms of quality of service. This is due to the fact that ebay is a market place which consists of sellers who are situated all over the world and they are the ones who are responsible for taking care of prompt delivery and returns where as in amazon, mostly the goods are sold by amazon and in the cases where it is not, it exercises a huge amount of control in terms of packing, delivery and returns. This also entails that the goods on amazon are slightly higher priced then ebay, due to the extra cost incurred for maintaining quality.