Which TV Show Would Make For A Good Movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 12, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There was a time when Entourage was in talks to get a film release, I think, but I don't know if that's still happening now. I do know that Sex and the City 1 & 2 were relatively successful, which is why I wonder sometimes why Hollywood has stopped making these TV-to-movie adaptations.

Other notable examples would be Starsky and Hutch and Mission Impossible, although, honestly I'm a little bit disappointed with how MI eventually turned out. I thought the old show was far superior and had tons more personality, whereas the movie just seemed too commercial and basically just made to make money. I know some of you out there probably liked one or two of the movies in this series, but I just personally didn't.

How about you guys, do you have any current TV shows that you'd love to see on the big screen? Additionally, which TV adaptations that have been released so far did you end up liking?

2. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Breaking Bad! No question about it. If it turned into a movie, every little bit of it would be very epic, fast moving and ultra amazing. There's actually a real life Walter White, and that's his real name. He lived the real story and cooked meth for 10 years while hiding it from his family. These kinds of stories are not only interesting but would also be fun to watch. True stories always make good movies so in my opinion, if Breaking Bad would be made into a movie, it would be more than good, it would be amazing!

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    i have my own opinion on this and it is that i do not think that any tv shows would become great movies. The reason is that a movie of a good series would to me feel as though it is one episode and would not really be able to get the whole story and point across in the way that you would want and be comfortable with. it to me would be a compromise.

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I loved the Sex and City movies. I enjoyed seeing how all the relationships progressed with time. TV series rarely ever give the viewer that opportunity.

I'd love to see Scandal and Downton Abbey as movies. Last year, PBS did a Downton Abbey Christmas special that reminded me of a movie and I loved it.