Which Type Of Headphone Is Best ?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Happyflowerlady • Apr 12, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always just used the large, noise-canceling over-the-ear type of headphones; but now I listen to motivational tapes at night with the iPhone and my headphones. With the full-size ones, I have to lay flat on my back and not move my head around.
    I have jut ordered a pair of those tiny bluetooth earbuds that fit in the ear instead. Since they are bluetooth, they don't have all of the cords that regular earbuds have (which I HATE ! ! ). I had a set of those and it took me longer to untangle them each time than I wanted to spend doing that, plus I was afraid they would just fall out of my ears.
    This set is also supposed to be noisse-cancelling, and if they work good, then I will probably take them along to use at the fitness center as well.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Sony ear buds work the best for me. Long cord, easy to insert and crazy clarity. Problem is, I have not seen these in a couple of years. Last year I got in a pinch and found some cheap RCA buds at best buy. They're okay but not perfect.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's often a matter of personal preference. I have a lot of ear issues, and don't really like anything in mine. I use a headset that is plastic at the top (or it could be pushed to the back of my head/neck), with very padded ear sections, and it's very comfortable. It is wired, but there are probably wireless/bluetooth versions available.

4. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well, when it comes to headphones I msotly use cable headphones for my phone and anything that I know will make me move and stuff, I normally use the full sized ones for listening music with my PC, however cable headphones are really fragile, you should check the different brands and choose the best one, you can pick between Beats By.Dre, Sony, Samsung, I do not really recommend you the CandySkull ones, they suck.

5. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Bluetooth headphones because I hate tangled wires. Just get rid of them! I really like Beats by Dre.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sony and Phillips have been quite durable for me. I tend to avoid those earphones that have flat cables, since I used to own one and they break easily at the base of the jack, like you will get choppy or no sound for less than 2 months of using it regularly.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I used really well-designed earphones by Bose. They are shaped exactly like the inside of your ear and you get an amazing 3d experience with those. Just google for Bose in-ear earphones and you'll find the ones I'm talking about.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Sennheiser headphones as they have great sound quality, but they are a bit pricey. When the wires on mine became exposed due to wear and tear, I wasn't able to replace them. So I started settling for just cheapie ones, all of which haven't really lasted lasted. I guess this is where price really matters.

The current ones I have seem to be the best so far, and they're SkullCandy ones. I like the sound quality, the wires are staying intact after having had them a few months and the fact they don't get tangled up. Plus they are kind of cute :) I have no problem with them going in my ear at all.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, I have a fake pair of Sennheiser earphones, and I do agree with what you have said, it's actually one of the best pairs of earphones that I have considering that it's fake, lol! I bought it via auction in Ebay from a Chinese seller for less than a dollar. You can settle for a fake one, since the sound is really good!

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    Haha @sidney@sidney, as long as it works, I guess that's fine. Plus if the seller didn't try to dupe you and you both knew what you were getting, and were ok with it, I see no problem there :) I was absolutely gutted when mine deteriorated. When I tried to replace them here they were too expensive. I mean, I know they are expensive anyway, but these guys do take the Michael. But I LOVE my SkullCandy ones, anyway, so that's fine.

11. jamesfende

jamesfendeMember

Threads:
    I hear that Beats, who are owned by Apple, will be releasing new Bluetooth Ear Buds when the iPhone 7 launches

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well it didn't say that it was fake, but for the starting price, you know it is, lol. Which model did you have? I have the MX400. How about you? Which is better for you, Skull Candy or Sennheiser?

13. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Sennheiser has always been the best for me in my experience, skull candy has been pretty bad. Sennheiser noise cancelling is also very, very potent.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe I suppose you're right, the truth is in the price. Anybody who says they thought something was authentic, yet the price was really low, is really asking for it LOL or my SkullCandy, I have the Strum model. For my Sennheisers, I can't be sure because I bought them years ago so don't have the packaging, but i think they are the MM 30G. I had to look them up, and it's either them or something very, very similar.

I went for the white ones, and they got so filthy, and I couldn't get them to look clean. The plastic covering the wire broke and exposed the copper wire. So I stopped using them on my mp3 player and instead use them on my laptop when I'm watching videos with audio.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Was alcohol not able to clean it? I never bring earphones inside a bag unless it's inside a hard plastic since the wire cover will be liable to break due to friction or due to being bent.

I heard that Sound magic is also a good brand, and you can buy a pair for less than $25, but I will pass for now.

16. Lushlala

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney...alcohol is an interesting one, and no i've never tried it! But now that you mention it, I will LOL Does it have to be a specific type, or does it not matter? The headphones seem to have this stickiness to them, and where that came from is quite a mystery to me! The annoying thing is the fact the little buds that go in your ear are still clean and intact, it's just the wire that went weird. I've never had headphones go that way!! They still work, but I only use them at home on my laptop. Thanks for the tip :)

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, I just used plain rubbing alcohol, and it usually removes most stains on plastic. Rubber or the stuff that coats the wires usually gets "sticky" when it's stored in a humid place and it doesn't get exposed to air. I had that happen to my Sony Ericsson earphones, and it was just stored in the cabinet with no sunlight! But some rubber are more resistant to humidity. When I rubbed rubbing alcohol on the wire, the stickiness disappeared. Try it! :)

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh wow @sidney@sidney, that sounds like something I should seriously try! Thanks for that tip :) I'll certainly give it a shot and hopefully, I'll remember to come back and give you some feedback. I can't wait to give it a try and hopefully restore my treasured headphones almost to their former glory. The only problem I'll have is the exposed copper wires LOL

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Sure no problem! I guess your earphones got exposed to humidity or it got bent so bad that it exposed the copper wires? At least the stickiness will disappear!

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For real quality headphones for learning is different from just everyday headphones. My everyday headphones are just the cheapest model I can find anywhere like a 1.99 ones. I had a Pioneer headphones that got stolen and it was really quality listening and one other thing you just can't hear nothing else but what you're connected to with the earphones too.