Which Types Of Hotel Rooms Do You Like?

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • Oct 17, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love hotels, but honestly, I am not too keen on the modern ones that have been popping up lately. I think my main reason for my aversion towards them is that most of the modern types just feel like an expensive condominium unit, which is still fun, of course, but the classic luxury style is still feels more like an escape for me. Not that I prefer staying in literally old fashioned hotels, though, I would prefer it when they update. I just prefer the previous standard - e.g. carpeted floors, and neutral colors. As opposed to modern ones that use bright colored furniture, wooden floors and brightly painted walls with Quirky fixtures.

Which type of hotel room is your favorite?

2. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    Classic luxury style, yep, that's what I like in hotels, too. I don't stay in hotel rooms very often, but when I do, I want a room that feels warm, cosy and luxurious at the same time. Modern decoration is too "cold" for me, and it sometimes feels like I'm in a very expensive hospital.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like the modern style hotel rooms. I never really thought about them being cold. I like them because they seem cleaner to me. I really prefer no carpeting there's no area for stuff to grow in. I much prefer the wood or simulated wood.

I also don't like the old fashioned bedspread because of the cleanliness issue. I prefer cleaner and cold over warm and potentially dirty.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I am not really into hotel rooms because whenever I travel, I stay outside most of the time. I just really sleep there. I just really want it to be comfy when I lay my head and body on the bed and it has to be definitely clean.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The flashier the hotel room [with as many fancy accessories as possible] the more likely I'll take it. At home I love to keep it simple so if I'm going to spend a night in a hotel room then for a change I definitely go for something that I don't get to experience every day. And once you're out, you can breath a sigh of relief and say," boy am I glad to be back home."

. . .Or something of that sort.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    H

I like the luxury yet classic type of hotel. I am not a big fan of the bright flashy colors and what not of the hotels now a days either. I liked how they were before soft colors normal furniture.

7. kevin8624

kevin8624New Member

Threads:
    When I travel I tend to stay in very basic hotel rooms. I'd rather save the money and use it elsewhere on vacation. Our hotel room never really gets much use other than sleeping at night and the occasional nap.

8. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I like a room with a double bed (not two single beds joint together), space and chairs or support furniture for clothing and my stuff. I also like a room with a view to the ocean. :)

9. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I agree with you here. I use hotels as a way to relax and for romantic getaways. A relaxing atmosphere includes neutral colors, carpet, dim lights etc. Nothings romantic or relaxing about bright bold colors and hard wood floors. Just an opinion :)

10. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    All the modern rooms popping up that you speak of are rather expensive, if you ask me. I prefer smaller rooms because the cost of traveling is very high in itself - I like to keep to a budget when I can so as not to over-spend using my emergency card.

11. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I like the kind of hotels that make you feel at home and offer some intense comfort. I am not really an old school kind of person and so I do tend to go for the modern look, but I would like to have somewhere that makes me feel at home. That is the bottom line. And the customer service has to be really great

12. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I've never stayed in any with hardwood floors that's a new one on me. I do like the extended stay hotels because it's nice to have a refrigerator and stovetop when you're staying for a weekend or longer. Also, the extended stays that I've rented are always nice and clean. I do like a hotel room that has a welcoming feel to it because I've rented a few from some major hotel chains where the carpet is terribly worn and extremely dirty. I don't like it when I feel like I can't walk around in my hotel room unless I'm wearing slippers or something on my feet.

13. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    I like modern hotels. When I stay in an old fashioned hotel, there is always something wrong.

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I much prefer serviced apartments over hotels. Lots more privacy and space but you still get the maid service!

15. freebiefan1

freebiefan1New Member

Threads:
    When I'm not visiting family or friends, I prefer to stay in a hotel located near the things I want to see and do. I don't really care much about the specific hotel though as long as it's clean and conveniently located. I don't spend much time at the places I'm staying other than for sleeping.

16. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    When booking a hotel room, I look for one that makes me feel at home. The last couple hotels I stayed in, the rooms were suites with a kitchen. It saved money because we would cook breakfast/dinner in the hotel room on days we didn't feel like going out. As kevin8624 stated, the rooms are usually used for sleeping at night and a nap occasionally. However, I still want to sleep/nap in a luxury hotel room that makes me feel like I'm relaxing in my own home.

17. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I am not very picky in terms of the overall style of the hotel. It can be luxurious and it can be simple, as long as it's clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, there are few hotels there which are luxurious in look but rather unsanitary in some aspects. I would not give up cleanliness for anything else.

18. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    Whenever I stay in hotel rooms I usually just have a cheap chain brand hotel room like Premier Inn as it is just as we don't spend long in the room and they can be just as good as the expensive ones. As long as the rooms are clean and hygienic I don't really mind what style it is in as all I do there is sleep. If I am staying in a hotel for a week I like them to be a little modern but not really modern like some are.

19. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care about luxurious hotel rooms, but if a high-class room was give to me for free, then I'd definitely take it.

Speaking in real terms, a comfortable room with everything I need would be fine already. Staying in a hotel, any kind of hotel, has always been a great feeling. I like sleeping outside of my usual home setting and I love the fact that people will clean after me.

Any hotel room is fine if it has basic necessities for me to use.