Which vacuum cleaner works best removing cat hair on hardwood floors?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by MindyT • Sep 24, 2013.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have hardwood floors throughout my entire house. I love the easy cleanup. However, I have two cats that shed daily. It is not uncommon to find hair balls in the corner of the rooms and under furniture. I sweep, with a broom, all the cat hair on my hardwood floors. However, it is a constant battle for me to get it all. Either the fur all sweeps under the furniture, the hair flies in the air, or I just bend down and pick it all up by hand.
    I would love any suggestions for a good vacuum cleaner to pick up the cat hair without it flying all over the floors or in the air. Plus, I would love for the vacuum to be light weight and moderately priced.

2. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I wish I had an exact answer for you, but I don't. I will tell you the best way I know how to find the answer :D It could go a bunch of different ways because people usually have a certain kind they like and have stuck with that kind for years and don't really know how it stacks up against the new ones that are out. I'd search- best vacuums for pet hair. Then after you see what people are saying and identify the popular ones, you can go to sites where you can shop online. I'd take maybe the top 3 vacuums that sound great and check them out there. If you do that you can compare prices and read customer reviews. Sometimes they even have ratings that give you a better idea. It may take a little while, hopefully not too long! I hope you find the perfect vacuum though! That's really important when you have pets. I wish you the best of luck!

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

3. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Hi

I have hardwood floors through out my home as well. I understand exactly what you're going through. I have a dog who sheds like crazy. It use to drive me insane. If I wore black clothing the hair would be all over me. I found solutions that works well for me and maybe it can help you.

1....I try to brush my dog at least once a day
    2....I hate using the broom because in my opinion in only scatters the dust balls. I use the Swiffer broom. You will be amazed at how much dust and animal hair comes up. The hair and dust actually sticks to the swiffer sweeper and doesn't fly anywhere else.

I hope this helps :)

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips! Do you use the dry Swiffer broom or a wet type? I think the dry might work well. I will definitely give it a try. I know they are reasonably priced. It will be so much better without the hair flying everywhere!