Which Version of Windows Do You Use and Like Better?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by dorothymoreno • Mar 3, 2013.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad that I'm not alone. I will be hard to let go of Windows XP. I really don't want to let it go. It's been incredibly stable. I have used Windows 7. I don't hate it, but I just love XP more. ;)

2. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I still use Windows XP on all my laptops. I can reduce the level of graphical effects a lot (they slow down the computer and I don't like them anyway). In addition, it does everything I need it to. My requirements are fairly minimal since all I do is type some things for college, shop occasionally and chat. Windows XP seems reasonably stable so I am happy with it. In my opinion, XP and 98 were the best editions made. I have only used Windows 7 once and I have never used Vista or 8 so I do not know much about those versions.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I've always preferred Vista a lot more than all the others - if only it were faster. I like the interface and simplicity of it. The Windows 7 version interface just doesn't appeal to me because I think it goes back to the XP style of interface of which I mean it's a bit tacky. I think the Vista would have been perfect had it been a lot faster.

4. Jaaaakee

JaaaakeeNew Member

Threads:
    I like windows 7 the best, I just like the interface and how easy it is to navigate. The taskbar is now better than ever. I almost feel as though Windows 8 was just a step backwards for operating systems and can't see myself "upgrading" any time soon. I've been using windows 7 now for around 2 years and before that I used windows xp, these were the two best operating systems for me. I would like to see what the first windows was like if I ever get the chance.

5. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I am using Windows 8 Pro now. It's the best version of Windows that I have ever used. The reason is very simple. Windows 8 really uses less resources, so on my old laptop it runs faster than Windows 7.

6. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Here's a video briefly demonstrating the different versions of Windows from 1.0 to 7. It's very interesting to see the progression.

[video=youtube_share;TWfcZmynwFU]http://youtu.be/TWfcZmynwFU[/video]

Man, this brings back memories! I started with Window 3.1.

#26Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  7. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    For me, windows 7 is the best windows operating system. Windows XP follows closely, I haven't used windows 8 but I've only heard complaints about it so I'm not going to try it anytime soon.

Windows 7 is the fastest OS from Microsoft that I have used it was and still is very good, and easy to use for me. It has a lot of little neat features I like such as being able to make a window take up exactly half the screen, or the shortcut to get to the desktop when you have 100's of windows open. Vista was just a massive failure, at first I really liked it but after about a month or so it would just run so damn slow and I couldn't find a way to speed it up. As for XP it was just nice a simple to use and it didn't seem to slow down. After windows XP I went straight to 7 because I refused to get vista, I'd only experienced Vista through my mums laptop which was a good spec at the time but burdened by vista which made it useless really.

8. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I used to use windows 7, I also have windows XP , but I'd say I love windows 7.

9. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I have used all the major versions of Windows that have been released in the last 20 years. These days I am using Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 for my work and I have to say that I am disappointed with Windows 8. Windows XP and Windows 7 are the best versions of Windows in my opinion and I hope Microsoft can come up with something better in the next version.

10. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    That would be windows 8 sir, you have to try it to love it, but I was using Windows 7 for the past 3 years or so :)

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I currently use Windows 7 with the Windows XP mode attachment. I use the XP mode attachment almost as much as I use Windows 7. I will never use Windows 8 on a regular basis since they've dumped the task bar. But I've heard someone found a way to get it back. Promising, but still....annoyed. Not sure why some of you guys dropped Windows XP for support reasons. What support could you possibly need from Microsoft for Windows XP? As long as you have Google chrome, the latest version of IE (8-10), a good anti-virus program, and know your way around the OS, why would you need anything from Microsoft support wise?

12. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I learned a lot from computers using Windows XP and I can definitely say I am good at it but when I need to install an additional RAM for my PC which is 4 GB total, I need Windows 7 64 bit to get the full capacity of my RAM unline in XP it cannot use its full capacity. So, I had to install Windows 7 x64 and guess what I am liking it now, especially after installation of Windows 7 you dont need any more to install drivers for ethernet, audio or videocards!

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I use Windows 7, but I heard a lot of talk about Windows 8 how it is much better than windows 7, faster, and cleaner.
    I've seen people use it, and I might give it a try because I like the way it looks.

14. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    The best OS for me is definitely Windows 7. Its the most user friendly version on windows with no software compatibility issues. It looks really good and sorta with the times. I like how i can use it with some real hardcore programs and it will handle the job really well, but also at the same time i can use vista for the basic kind of programs and browse the net real nice and easy and it doesn't or hardly gives me any hassles compared to my Mac OS, which i always find myself doing a whole lot extra to get to really enjoy and maximize its privileges.

15. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    That's what me and a few of my friends feel like. We actually had got into a serious discussion about microsoft and how they take one step forward then take 3 back. Windows 98 was great, then ME and was a flop, Xp was great, Vista was a flop, 7 is great and now we believe 8 is a flop.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using windows 7 and i have no plans of upgrading it to windows 8 anytime soon. I think it's better than windows 8 anyways. Personally, i think the operating system is faster and stable than windows 8 or 8.1. Although, windows 8's interface is really pretty and sleek, I'd still go for windows7's pretty decent look. I don't know but i feel like i don't trust windows 8 at all. lol

17. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Oh God Vista was horrible! I've had that OS when I first bought my laptop and I've gotten rid of it day one. My favorite version of Windows was 7. I think it perfected the formula for Windows so I have no idea why Microsoft decided to butcher 7 for Windows 8 which is NOT MADE FOR DESKTOP COMPUTERS AT ALL. I use Windows 8 now, it's not really that bad but I had to install some additional software just to make it run like Windows 7.

18. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I use Windows 7, but my laptop is getting pretty old, so I'm gonna need to buy a new one soon. I was dreading the fact that I would have to start using Windows 8 since most PCs come with it pre-installed, but then I read about something called Classic Shell. What this does is it gives Windows 8 a Windows 7 look and feel, including the usual start bar, and it keeps Windows 8s speed and overall improvements. That's why I'm actually looking forward to getting my new laptop now.

19. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently using Windows 8 and so far it's doing wonders for me. If you try to install Start8 on your Windows 8 computer you can make it run like Windows 7 basically. My favortite Windows OS is Windows 7 by far. I would say Xp but I had a lot of security issues with XP back then and Windows 7 fixed it all.

20. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I love windows 7. I consider it to be the finest Operating System MS has put out in many years. Windows 8 gets a pass from me, I've used it for months and found many issues that were far removed from the simple start menu fix. I had a number of issues with networking and things that I do every day in my work as a server engineer that just flat out don't work as expected. After waiting through and upgrading to 8.1 I eventually gave up and went back to 7.