Which Video Game Movie Should They Make Next?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 18, 2013.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer video games staying as videogames. But if one absolutely has to be made, something based into the Fallout series would most definitely be interesting!

2. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    Yes I got so excited when I heard about The Last of Us being made into a movie. I agree though hopefully they don't screw it up either. Not sure who is going to be in the movie, but I sure hope they do it justice.

3. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    I think a Assasins Creed or a Grand theft auto are the one's i would choose to be made for a movie and a call of duty movie as well!!:)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish they would make a non crappy Prince of Persia movie. The Sands of Time had such a great mood and story and they botched the movie by hitting a director who actually said that he hates video games.

I think Enslaved: Odyssey to the West would make a great movie. Mass Effect could almost be the next Star Wars, because it's so epic and Dead Space would make a terrifying movie. I wish that the Dead or Alive movie had been done better.

I don't see a need for more Mortal Kombat movies because Christopher Lambert and Robin Shou did a fine job in the original Mortal Kombat movies. Unless they brought them back somehow, but who wants to see elderly Liu Kang?

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have always thought that it would be a good idea to make a Zelda movie. I am not really sure if they have even made a new version of the game anytime recently that would garner any attention or anything, but I did play a lot of them as a kid and I would be interested in that if they decided to do it. It would be an interesting story line with some good characters, this is for sure.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really wanted a new video game for Jurassic World, the 2015 movie. I had a PC video game for the Jurassic Park movies, and that is pretty old and graphics are primitive.... but it was SUCH a cool game! I was obsessed with it and couldn't stop playing.

7. Charon LeFleur

Charon LeFleurNew Member

Threads:
    I agree on the Fallout movie although Mad Max kind of covers that.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still waiting for the Warcraft movie to come out. I guess it's supposed to finally be out this summer. It's one I'll probably go the theater to see, although I rarely do that (I did see the latest Star Wars at the show). I usually wait until I can just watch something at home, but having been a long time World of Warcraft player, and hearing about this movie forever, I've been anxious for it. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope it's good.

9. Charon LeFleur

Charon LeFleurNew Member

Threads:
    I am mainly curious about the World of Warcraft movie because

is directing and I really loved Moon.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it will be entertaining. I've heard good things.

I'll have to see if I can get some discount movie passes or catch this flick on "matinee" to save money. I am anxious to see it in all its big screen glory, but I'm not anxious to pay those high prices. Going to the movies these days has become a luxury, it's so expensive.

Last time we went, they did offer a decent deal for the movie, one popcorn, and two drinks. Those package deals help.

Saving money and having fun is a good combination.

11. Charon LeFleur

Charon LeFleurNew Member

Threads:
    There's a theater where I live in LA called the Vista that offers $6.50 matinees and free popcorn refills. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

12. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I'm not big on video games, but I would like to see a Legend of Zelda movie. This game series is one my kids have always loved and I enjoy watching them play it. I will say I loved the Doom movie, but that may have been due to the fact that Dwayne Johnson was in it.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Assassins Creed would definitely make a good movie. The characters and scenes are interesting, enough to fuel the imagination and make you feel like you're also part of the adventure. They already did Tekken but I was far from pleased when I watched a movie. If producers are going to turn video games into movies, then they might as well retain the quality and the vibe.

14. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I might go the other way and have a good suggestion for a new video game. After going to the movies the other day and seeing Deadpool, I have to say that I would love to see them come out with a video game of that, and I would be the first one to buy it. I am usually not the biggest fan of going to the movies, but that one is certainly worth it.

15. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I'd probably want to see one of the Assassin's Creed games made into a movie. I think that game would make a great movie in terms how they present the story although they'd probably butcher it bad unless handled correctly. Also I would love to see Saints Row IV made into a movie.

16. Doof

DoofNew Member

Threads:
    I'd love to see a non-traditional action game made into a movie. Something like maybe Hearthstone or maybe Dance Dance Revolution. Just something, unexpected. Something that doesn't necessarily focus on just action and explosions and feats of martial arts. And while I don’t have any specific ideas to suggest, I’m just taking advantage of the “...whatever it is, it will turn out perfect” prompt. I’d just like to see something different. And if it turns out “perfect” then all the better. It’ll definitely be entertaining.

17. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I think they should make a movie about Minecraft. It's highly popular game nowadays and if they make a big production of it with stunning visuals, then it's going to blow up the box office. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. lol

18. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really play video games, but I do remember playing a lot of Mortal Kombat when I was growing up. I loved that game and it would be amazing if Hollywood made a good movie that actually did justice to the game. I didn't even bother watching the MK movie because I just knew it would be disappointing. Perhaps I should give it a shot, but I really would be happy if they made a better movie.

19. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    They are making a Minecraft movie?? I don't know that it will translate well onto the big screen. Although, it would bring in the money since the game is played by almost everyone. Hmmmm,,,,,,,