Whitening Products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by vida_llevares • Oct 5, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Hi.

I have seen a lot of whitening products, such as glutathione capsules, being displayed in supermarkets and drugstores nowadays.

Have any of you used them? Do you think they are effective?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Though I am not that white, I have not tried or planned to try these products. Aside that they are expensive, I do not really want to become lighter. I also know that glutathione would not always yield the same effects for all people. The lightening effect is just a side effect of glutathione actually. Glutathione is more of an anti-oxidant.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    The one that I am wondering about is the whitening pen I have seen on tv. They say its at Walmart for 9.99, but I have yet to find it. Better yet I am wondering if it is worth my search :) Anyone???

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Whitening as in skin whitening? Why would anyone do this, haha? I am very dark skinned, and I can't imagine why somebody would use a chemical product to lighten their skin. Though I've heard of some people using lemon juice to treat dark spots left behind by acne... is this the same thing, or is it just lightening overall?

5. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I want to whiten my teeth. I have wondered the same thing. I am also trying to find more natural ways to get it done that are not harmful to teeth.

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    If you are lightening your skin, then no way it can really break you out and mess up your skin. I have seen people who have use product like that and it really broke their face out and it the color just didn't match their skin tone. They looked horrible.

If you are talking to about teeth whitening it can really wear down the enamel on your teeth and make them very sensitive. Even when dentist clean your teeth sometimes my teeth are very sensitive afterwards.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    If you are saying keeping your teeth white, why don't you try baking soda? That is the best whitener you can get and it cost almost nothing to use. Stop with all the chemical whiteners and use the baking soda for beautiful white teeth. Those teeth will make you proud to show them off to anyone. Baking soda removes coffee and tea stains from your teeth so you can see those pearly whites again.

#7Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  8. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Glutathione capsules are specially famous here in the Philippines. It's very effective if you take it everyday but it's super costly. You also wanna do a research before you pick an oral capsule since there's many bogus scams out there. Make sure the supplement is approved by the government and all that.

9. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Did we ever decide if she was asking about skin or teeth whitening? I use papaya soap from the Philippines to lighten scars. it is really expensive, $7 per bar. I have been using it for a few weeks and have not noticed any difference.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm assuming that she's talking about skin lightening products. Gluthathione is quite popular, and a lot of people say it's effective. But there are also lots of whitening soaps too. I think that soaps can be a cheaper alternative to gluthathione, but you have to use it religiously for many months to see improvements.