Who Do You Bank With?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by gmckee1985 • Oct 31, 2015.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Just curious as to who everyone does their banking with. Is it a well know, big bank or a local community bank? Are you happy with the fees and services provided? I do my banking with TD Bank. Its a pretty large and growing bank. The customer service is great. The online bank is great. There is a small $5.99 per month maintanence fee but thats waved if you have direct deposit set up with the bank.

2. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I have banked with both local banks and big national banks. I truly thought that a national bank would be nice while I was traveling for work but I do not want to ever bank with a national bank again. I want a local bank where everyone knows my name and the employees are doing more than just spouting national rhetoric. From now on I read the policies and procedures' for fraud and dispute resolution before depositing any money in any bank. I was so upset with PNC that I actually considered not having a bank account ever again but having a bank account does make your life easier.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bank with Natwest. I've only been using them for three years but they are, by far, the best bank I have ever used. The customer service is outstanding, I get the benefits of a premium account without having to pay a monthly fee, there's a cashback program and a fee-free overdraft.

I used to use the Co-operative Bank as I liked their ethical principles. However, these did not appear to extend to customer service!

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is funny because I am working with the largest bank in our country. Do I need to say that I bank there? No. Since I am in the IT department, we are not allowed to open a bank account with our employer bank. That is the regulation of the central bank. But my husband has a bank account with our bank and that's the only bank account he has. As for me, my bank account is with the 3rd largest commercial bank. I am not used to opening a bank account with a small bank.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bank with one the largest local banks here. It has one of the best yet underrated banking services I've had the privilege of experiencing. Hardly any problem with the online banking system. You can also withdraw in hundreds while other banks have a withdrawal limit of 200 and 500. My payroll account and my personal savings are both from the same bank. I have another bank account for my freelance gigs. The maintaining balance is so cheap and they don't charge anything whenever I transfer money from PayPal unless of course I withdraw an amount lesser than PHP 7,000.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I bank with a large institution called Equity Bank which is based on a microfinance model. It does not charge ledger fees for deposits and withdrawal fees are very low, $0.3 per withdrawal. One major development I am going to take advantage of is that they have recently connected to Paypal directly clearing a major payment itself for online payments.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My main bank account is with the biggest bank in the country. It is not exactly the best bank in terms of service, but it has the most number of branches and the most efficient online banking system. I have a US$ account with another local bank, the second leading bank in the country as far as I know. I've opened a separate account for my son in a less popular but rising bank affiliated with Metrobank and they provide much better service than the biggest bank here from accounting opening to interest rates. While the biggest bank required me to submit 2 1x1 ID picture and made me wait for a few days to pick up my ATM card, my son's bank, the smaller one, had their own image capturing device and ATM maker and we were able to get his ATM and passbook within minutes. Their interest rate is also twice the rate given by the bigger bank. For a minimum deposit of $100, you can have an account with both passbook and ATM.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am careful with the kind of banking institution I keep my money with. The fact is I don't trust the my local micro community banks enough. I use the more established big commercial banks. If you subscribe to sms alert for every transaction that take place in your account you are charged one cent for every message and an annual card maintenance fee of about 50 cents. These charges are quite okay except the lending rates which are quite very high

9. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I bank with a local bank and their services are fair. It's the best bank in my country and it even provides GSM mobile services and mobile banking. The bank also allows direct deposit from PayPal at a low cost. I can't complain about their services but if they improve the speed of how they serve clients it would be better.

10. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have accounts in public and private banks here. But I don't bank with local financial institutions here. The thing is that I am quite concerned about the way they operate and a lot of foul play happen there nowadays. I think it is always better to be with the best bank even though the charges are on a bit higher side.

I often use my private bank account as they offers good features and charges are very low compared to my public bank. When public bank charge money for sending SMS, in my private bank it is totally free. However, I am not going to close my public bank account as I think it is always safe to have a second option.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a local community bank that I do the majority of my banking with. It is not the best but it serves it's purpose. I also have my mortgage with a credit union which used to be my primary financial institution but it is a distance from here, I prefer the close by community bank for easy check cashing and so forth.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bank with BDO, the number 1 bank in the Philippines. When talking of your money, I don’t find it safe to deposit your money in small banks because they have a greater probability of having problems. BDO is supported by its affiliate companies like SM which is the largest mall chain in our country. Just by that support alone, it is almost impossible for BDO to go bankrupt. And what’s good with my bank is that they gave me the privilege of a credit card with no annual fee. My bank account also earns in the rewards program where the points can be used to buy groceries in the SM supermarkets.

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I am in the UK and have banked with Barclays for more than 30 years. My whole family are with them and none of us have ever had any problem with them.

Once I was subject to a fraud company who were taking monthly amounts out of my account. They investigated it and proved they were a scam and the money I lost was refunded in full. I trust them completely.

14. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried banking with two banks and with time, I've come to know the difference between the two. First was the Union Bank of Nigeria, which was the first bank I opened a savings account with in the year 2009 and even when, at first, their services were quite good and not many charges, I noticed that they started charging me unnecessarily which really annoyed me, as a student that I was then.

Then, when I got into the university in the year,2012, I opened a new savings account with First Bank of Nigeria. I must confess that since I started banking with First Bank of Niger, it has been an awesome experience with charges and prompt response of their customer services. I am planning to open a new account with the bank in no distance time.