Who do you complain to?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by GemmaRowlands • Aug 26, 2014.

1. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    After spending years in customer service in a variety of industries, I find most companies really want to resolve complaints before they escalate. I spent some time in management of a retail store and again as an assistant manager in a restaurant. My suggestion is to be prepared with a solution that will make you happy. Many people just wanted to complain to me because they felt disrespected. Often, it was when the restaurant or store was busy, or staff was just spread too thin. Even in those cases, it is helpful to know what you want to gain from the situation. Time travel is not an option.

And, I agree with the original poster. It is hardly ever the first line's fault. Most often, the cashiers and waitresses and cooks have been given impossible tasks to complete or are instructed to follow a protocol that is not effective and was drafted by marketing executives in a boardroom who never worked one eight hour shift on the register. And, everyone has a bad day. Customer Service workers have a difficult job and make very little to do it. Emailing the corporate office after you've cooled off might be the best strategy. And, they'll be more interested in keeping your business if you seem like a pleasant person.