Who do you have a bank account with?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Brendan • Jul 19, 2012.

1. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I'm with Chase. I was with Washington Mutual until it went under. I haven't had any issues with Chase, my experience there has only been positive. It also helps that the people that work at the local Chase bank are really nice and helpful.

2. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I only use one bank for all of my banking needs - Capital One. When I started university, I used the local bank to make it easier on me (and it would help with ATM fees, going to a branch if I needed to, etc.). But Capital One ended up merging with that bank - which, in turn, is better for me because Capital One is a much bigger branch and if I ever move or go out of town, it's not uncommon for me to get to a Capital One. I have a savings account and a checking account with them, as well as a credit card. It's very easy for me to work through all of my finances when everything is in one place and I can see it all.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have USAA for now but am about to get rid of this bank it is always taking money out of my account claming it's over draft fees but they usually take out a lot more than the actual draft fees. So i am in the market for a local bank

4. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with Regions, even though I work for a different bank. It's close, convenient, offers great products and has friendly staff. I think that at the end of the day, if you get great service with a bank and you are made to feel comfortable, then its the right place for you. I know that many people have had good experiences with certain banks while others have had bad ones...I think it's all a very personal decision and you shouldn't be influenced one way or another based on someone else's opinion.

5. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard a lot of really good things about Wells FArgo. I wish they had a branch that was closer to where I live and work, but the truth is, they don't. For convenience, there are a few choices (First Tennessee, REgions, BB&T and a few local banks) so I think I'll stay right where I'm at. Like I said before, as long as they continue to give me great service, good products at a reasonable cost, I'll stay where I'm at.

6. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I have two bank accounts. One is with Chase. Because I do travel much. So having a bank that is recognized nationwide helps a lot. And then I have a second bank account with a community bank that I personally love.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I have bank accounts with two locals credit unions. I'm not sure if they're regional or what? CapCom and SEFCU.

8. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    I have a few banks. My longest bank is Bank of America. I started with them when they were Barnett Bank. Then it was bought or acquired by Nations Bank. Now it's called Bank America. The fees are ridiculous unless you maintain at least $3,000 in the accounts, but I'm so used to them, I just don't bother to move. I also have accounts at BB&T which was formerly Bank Atlantic. I liked this bank because they were open on Saturdays and Sundays and more hours than most banks. Of course, all that changed when BB&T bought them. I have a small trust in Sun Trust Banks and a trading account with Fidelity.

9. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I'm with USAA. My first bank was with Wachovia, and I was pleased with their services until Wells Fargo bought them. When I was forced to switch over to Wells Fargo, that's when I started getting lots of overdraft fees. I would have enough money in my account, make some purchases that were either exactly equal to my account balance or below it, and I would still get over my limit. Wells Fargo wouldn't reject the transaction if I didn't have enough in my account, they'd let the transaction go through, but the way they approved transactions was just odd. Normally transactions are in order of date, but I started noticing that my transactions go in order of amount. I called them so many times and got no resolve. One of their so-called "accountants" told me to make up fake transactions in order to make my transactions equal the total amount in my account. The whole thing was a total scam, and I haven't had one overdraft with USAA to date.

10. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I have accounts with Capital One. I used to use a local bank, but Capital One merged with them. Luckily, the transition was very natural and nothing changed. Capital One kept my old account number, account types, customer information, etc. It works out for me because Capital One is probably the most popular bank in my area - and is still in the rest of the country. It also have a very good online banking system. I also have an account with Chase. I am thinking of getting a local bank, or a smaller credit union, but do not see the need to do so at the moment. While the perks may be nice, I don't think it's much different for me staying with a big bank or moving over to a smaller institution.

11. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have a bank account with TD Bank, I had a Chase account for two years, but the monthly fee is too expensive and I was tired of disputing fees for things I should have never been charged for.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I have an account with HSBC but I'll be closing it soon. I have a credit card with them and when I was not able to pay because my mom was in and out of the hospital and they were not able to contact me they froze all my accounts and emptied them. I was so shocked because I had not even thought to check my accounts. I had emailed them telling them I would settle the debt and before they responded my sister several days later told me our joint account was frozen and emptied. I'm thinking of opening an account with an online bank instead.

13. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I bank with a local Credit Union, called Redstone Federal Credit Union. I love them because they are very caring and compassionate about their customers. If you ever have an issue, they would prefer you to come in and talk about what is going on, if you have a complaint about charges, they are working with you 100%. I have my Business Account with them so I get Direct Deposit. I have also being thinking about online banking too Trish. It seems like it would be more convenient, but it is kind of scary too.

14. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have two bank account: one is with my mom and the other is by myself. I like having the bank account by myself because I know how to keep track of how much I spend.

15. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    My friend was working for best buy and she was given a pay account from an internet bank called Money Network, through Meta bank, They have a few charges for using the debit card, but really it was very easy to just have that account and the checks were such that they were free certified type checks, with no fee. I found that I could get one for myself, and I like for purchases while traveling, and buying on line, to keep it from being linked to my main financial accounts, since it then wont jeopardize those funds, if the information gets compromised.
    I found that they have very good customer service, and are much nicer than bank of america. They dont have regular checking, where you can bounce a check at all, so you wont incur those ridiculous fees. There are very easy options for direct deposit.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I use USAA but i'm thinking about switching because I have been having trouble with Usaa for some time now. I didn't choose this bank my husband did the main reason cause they are the same people we have car insurance with.

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We're through Woodforest bank right now....dk if we'll be switching soon or not.

18. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have an account with REgions banks and BB&T. I also have a Paypal account, which is theoretically a checking account though access to it is 100% online. I like having separate accounts because it helps me manage my money. I have bills paid from one account, personal spending out of another and then savings in the last one. It may sound complicated to some, but it works for me.