Who do you think is the worse car insurance company?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by love2loveu • Jun 4, 2012.

1. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I think Nationwide was not too good. Their rates were so high. All State seems to be pretty reasonable.

2. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    The worst one according to most polls seem to be the one that is currently dominating the market. That would currently be Geico.

3. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously? Why is that? We just switched over to Geico :/

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I currently have Geico and have been a customer for about 6 years. I'm currently going to shop around however because I'm looking to reduce my premium and save money as times are tight now, since hubby is unemployed. My renewal premium has increased due to my sister having a claim. Despite my desire to save money, I have nothing but praise for Geico. The customer service was always great, they have multiple payment options online and I never had an issue whenever I had a claim.

5. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I hate USAA. I've heard SO many horror stories about them. Glad I've never used them.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Admiral always seem to raise prices at renewal time, but I have found they are consistently the cheapest by a wide margin. Quinn used to beat them still, but their prices were so ridiculously low that they went into administration (unsurprisingly). Now that they are out of the marker Admiral seems to be the only option for many high risk drivers.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had much experience with different insurance companies. I had one for about 15 years and then switched to High Point before to save a little money. Being I only had experience with 2 companies, I cannot say for sure but my guess would be Geico. Of all the quotes I got in the past, Geico was the highest. The cost was almost double what I was paying so I definitely wasn't going with them!! Over the years I have tried a quote from them out of curiosity and they have always gave me a quote of at least $500 more then I was paying. Based on this my opinion is that they are the worst, but I can't say for sure.

8. JJohnston

JJohnstonNew Member

Threads:
    I've only used two or three insurance companies in my lifetime. I was with Mercury for 10 plus years but when I noticed that every time they renewed our policy the rate went up, I started shopping around. I'm now with Ameriprise which I signed up for through Costco. We are saving upwards of $300 every six months! I'm happy with them and also have our homeowners insurance through them.

9. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I think that Direct Insurance is the worst. My husband and I had them quite some time ago and though we never had to claim against it, their customer service just sucked. The billing dates were inconsistent, the service was subpar...the rates were too high based on what they offer. I am with Safeco now, having been insured with a number of great agencies and am happy with everything. I work through an agent and she is wonderful

10. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    1. Dairyland Insurance

I’ve never seen any insurance company send a release to its own injured customers extinguishing all of their legal rights, past, present and future, just SEVEN days after a crash – until Dairyland Insurance did just this. The accident victim signed this release, and lost all future No-Fault insurance benefits and claims.
    2. Daimler Chrysler Insurance Company

Want an example of outrageous and deplorable conduct by an insurance company? In Abay v. Daimler Chrysler Insurance Company, et al., Mira Abay, a kind mother of three daughters was killed when a drunken, cocaine-using defendant crashed into her vehicle. Ms. Abay’s estate sued the defendant and won a $3.5 million jury verdict.

11. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    Geico has been great, but we've never had to make a claim, so when some above said it was awful, I'm not sure what to say about that. I had a local insurance company who refused to cancel a policy on a vehicle when we stopped using it, but it seems the local accountants and representatives were to blame, they didn't write it down when we called in to cancel, but months later they were still debiting our account for the cancelled policy fees. They eventually refunded all the fees and some extra for the hassle they put us through, but I would never go with that company again. I want a company who gives out confirmation numbers and emails for every policy change, and Geico does that very well.