WHo else is an ebay junkie?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by melissa • Aug 16, 2012.

1. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    I cant get off the site! I love all the deals i find on there and even do all my holiday shopping on it. WHat are your thoughts on eBay?

2. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I've always bought little things on eBay because it's great for those harder to find and uncommon things but recently, I've been selling a lot. I love it for that. Some people complain about the fees and things like that but that's why I just make sure I'm gonna get a good profit right off the bat and keep all of that in mind.

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I love eBay. I sell my textbooks and other things on it and I always buy stuff off of there. For example, why spend $40 in a store when I can pay $25 on eBay? Sure, shipping takes time but I think it is worth it to save $15.
    You can definitely find some good deals on things on eBay, especially electronics like phone accessories and such.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to be. Nowadays, the shipping and fees tend to be so expensive that I don't bother as often. I can still find good deals, but I don't even look very often now.

5. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I also sell but ebay has raised their fees yet again to include a final value fee on shipping as well! It makes it hard to make a profit for your time while still offering a good value to buyers.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a regular buyer in ebay but I just buy things locally within our country. I once tried to buy from a user who is from singapore and it took a month before it arrived.

7. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    I am addicted to ebay. I buy lot of things on ebay ranging from small key chains to LED tv. Love their discounts. I also do buy from global ebay sites :)

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be an eBay junkie when it first started but over the years it has faded for me. I still buy things occasionally but I really hate to wait for something after I purchased it. I perfer to just go to a local store and buy things now.

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm not really a junkie but it's definitely in my top 5 sites to shop at, especially for original and branded items. So far I've made 11 purchases, all with the money I've earned online :)

10. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Like you, I love the site and find great bargains on there. The only disappointing thing about ebay is the postal going up slightly with royal mail and Ebay not adjusting there prices to reflect that. The postal prices eat into my profits when I sell anything that's heavy. Plus, having to put a high postal price tends to put customers off so you don't get as much interest as you normally would.

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I was an eBay junkie in the past, but I haven't bought anything in a while. I only use eBay for rare items I can't find elsewhere. I noticed there was an increase in some of the prices of the items. I think this could be due to shipping charges, and additional fees from eBay. There is everything that you could ever want at eBay and more. I stick with buying merchandise from the same seller, so I cut down on the shipping costs.

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have never really been an eBay junkie, because the items I am interested in are a lot cheaper in stores in my area. I do love the wide variety of items available for purchase on eBay. Also, I have never sold anything through eBay. I sold most of the items I wanted to sell online through Amazon.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to troll ebay looking for bargains. I made my first money online selling from ebay. Now, I don't buy from there. Amazon is now my top online store. I do purchase from other stores, but Amazon is my favorite.

14. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be one, too, but right now, I'm really trying to avoid visiting the site much. I think I have a condition called impulsive buying, or something, but you get what I mean. At times, when I see something I like, I tend to just click bid or buy it now right away - then I later realize that I didn't exactly "need" that item. Granted, I do only buy from trusted sellers, so there's no problem in that, BUT STILL.

15. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Yeah I used to like ebay more than I do now. A lot of rules and restrictions have been brought in, which ultimately protect buyers and sellers but it just makes everything more awkward. I buy a lot of clothes for 99p on there and then sell off all my old ones. I hate the idea of ever spending more than a tenner on any piece of clothing!

16. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have never purchased anything via e-bay. I knew people who did. We cannot use e-bay in South Africa, as far as I know...so I just use bid-or-buy...there are some great deals to be had on there, for sure. So, I cannot say that I am an e-bay junkie but I may have been if I had lived in America...or some other country.

17. Erwins74

Erwins74New Member

Threads:
    My wife is somewhat of an eBay junkie. Everytime we need something the first thing she does is look on eBay.
    By doing this she has found several products we would normally have never heard off, since they are not (yet) available in the regular stores.

Luckely she doesn't buy all the things she finds, but eBay is a great way to window shop and look for great deals.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really is a convenient site for us to purchase everything that we could possibly need. But I still prefer to shop personally inside the malls, so whenever the item that I'm looking for isn't available there, then that's the only time that I'll look for it on Ebay. I'm a bit wary of using Ebay since most of the sellers I've viewed have many negative feedback.

#18Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  19. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love ebay too, I can find very cheap deals on there. I kind of slowed down, but I will be back at it again soon.

20. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    EBay has become my hub for purchasing bullion, whether it's gold, silver or copper. The prices are quite reasonable and are actually better than banks or other deals in my vicinity. My only discrepancy is the interface. I wonder if they'll ever revamp the design of eBay and its categorization of the products available. It would be great if it would be similar to Amazon.