Who Has Been to an Inexpensive But Interesting Vacation Spot?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mountainside • Aug 8, 2012.

1. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Have you visited a nice, not too expensive, vacation spot that you would recommend?

2. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think this is what you're looking for but Gettysburg, Pennsylvania was a very interesting place to visit and it wasn't expensive in the least. It's such an amazing place, you can really feel the history that went on there.

3. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Porto santo or canary islands, both islands are amazing for a summer vacation, had an awesome time :cool:

4. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    A movie buff, my hubby and I like to visit movie locations. I suggest Glouster, Mass. Where the filmed the Perfect Storm. We stayed in a room overlooking the ocean and ate some amazing seafood. We stumbled on it while driving up north. Spent 3 nights and 4 days there. In total we spent under $400.00. The best unplanned, unexpected and less expensive we have ever had.

5. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Are you willing to try something different like places in Southeast Asia? Tokyo is a very expensive City however places like in the Philippines and some other countries like Malaysia nad Indonesia, you'll see how much is your money worth. I definitely wanted to recommend you

6. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    There are lots of islands around SEA which are worth paying a visit to some time or another. I'm from Malaysia and had just returned from a 3D2N trip with my friends in one of the tourists spots. It's affordable yet we really enjoyed ourselves. It depends what you are looking to do and where you want to go.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    How about a vacation in your local area? We have found that there are a lot of places that we have never been to within 100 miles of our home that are pretty awesome. They are all day trips so there is no hotel fees, low travel cost and we pack our food in coolers or eat at local sandwhich shops.

8. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    This really depends on your budget and location. Are you wanting to be within driving distance to save money? Are you looking for something that you can fly to cheaply? Give us some more info...

What we do is normally get something within driving distance of us...I live in FL so we can usually get to a bed and breakfast or anything near the beach within a 12 hour drive (including the Keys) or we get some friends and rent a cabin in the woods of NC/GA.

9. mountainside

Threads:
    Right now there are no definite plans, or specific destinations in mind to travel to. Still searching. All the places mentioned sound very good. I have been to Gettysburg a while ago, had a great time. Would be nice to visit again. Everything else would be brand new. Thanks for the most interesting information.

10. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    You can try Romania, everything is cheap here if you compare it to more developed countries. The infrastructure sucks, but we have beautiful mountains and sea :)

11. mountainside

Threads:
    Hi sergiu, Romania sounds as though it would be very exotic in nature. I think that I have seen some lovely pictures of the mountains and the sea. Thanks for the tip.

12. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    You are welcome. If you ever visit it, give me a buzz, we can grab a beer here :)

13. cheapie

cheapieNew Member

Threads:
    If you are looking for something to do in the winter months when it is cold out, there is the Wisconsin Dells. A lot of indoor water parks, with a ton of activities for children of all ages. We like to go to The Wilderness Lodge. That lodge has 3 separate indoor water parks that you can only go into if you are a guest at the hotel, so it keeps crowds down.There are a lot of shows in the area and restaurants as well.

14. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I'm having the same idea...a cheap vacation idea. I don't know what you like or how much time you have but if you want to take a short (week or less) getaway, I like the idea of a Bed and Breakfast. I tried it for the first time this year and got married at one in CT area. It was the best little affordable getaway and experience. If you like to relax and B & B might be for you. I liked

and another I saw in NJ area but didn't book a room, but it was NICE called

. Check them out.

15. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say I need to recommend camping in the Great Smoky Mountains. These allow you to have the best trip around and enjoying nature. However, you do have to be worried about bears or snakes at times.

16. mountainside

Threads:
    Cheapie, Kaybee and Waynefire. These sound great. Thanks so much for all the interesting ideas.

17. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I've always thought New Orleans was reasonably priced, provided that you stay away from the Bourbon Street tourist traps.

18. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Charleston, South Carolina is a very interesting/inexpensive place in my opinion. You can stay in a hotel in Mt. Pleasant, Folly Beach or North Charleston and pay really low prices, but you're just a quick drive away from so much history, tourist sites, the beach, scenery, etc.

19. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Why don't you go here in Southeast Asia. In the Philippines to be exact. We have very good vacation spots here. Beaches, falls, and other paradise! :D The cost of living here is very low so I am sure that you won't spend too much by being here except for the plane tickets I guess. :D

20. mountainside

Threads:
    New Orleans is great, I was there on assignment years ago. Had a great time, thanks Tommymac. Charleston sounds green and cool, thanks SEA. Tosaytheleast, the Philippines would be very interesting. Thanks much.