Who Has The Best Deals On Low Carb Foods, Supplements?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by thisnthat • Mar 24, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    The low carb lifestyle takes some getting used to, but it also offers a lot of benefits. The main issue is paying higher prices for low carb foods (and for supplements if you need any).

I was buying some low carb tortillas, but recently, the price rose from $2.88 per pack to $4.48. That happened suddenly. I won't be buying those any longer, since I don't think that's a good value. That was quite a jump.

If you do low carb eating, where do you buy your foods? Also, do you have any recommendations for good low carbohydrate substitutes to try?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well if it is anything like it is around here where you are I can tell you to avoid the small specialty store. It is crazy how much mark up they try to get away with.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, what I described happened in a big store, so they are not immune either. I do get what you're saying though. The little specialty shops do tend to be quite pricey.

I expect some mark up. I expect them to make a profit, but some do get ridiculous with it. If I feel like I"m getting ripped off, I'll leave, and I am very unlikely to come back.

For now, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open for sales, discounts, and coupons. I have yet to find a store that offers good prices on a variety of low carb items (some don't even carry a good variety of them).