Who here sells their software services online?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Esperahol • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    One of the biggest things out there right now is hawking your software abilities to the masses i.e. building websites, installing features, creating apps, etc. That said I'd like to know how you're doing so - are you using a service like Fiverr? Do you simply rely on word of mouth? Are you operating out of Odesk or Elance? I say this because occasionally I'm asked by people I know how they can do the same, and generally end up feeling like my advice is less than helpful. So guys help me help them - not that I'm asking for secrets or anything.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I had those skills and I do wish I did. I would do a Fiverr gig, it seems people with good reviews are really making good money when they add on additional services, or make the service an express service at an additional cost. You do have to build up a good reputation and that I do not know how those people do that.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    These days creating software is not great. People will simply take and crack them you as the developer will have nothing to take home. It is better to have apps that can run on the mobile devices. At least you can earn from the downloads because of the advertisements.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I do make a decent living doing freelance graphic design online and some CAD. The problem with Fiverr or oDesk or any other freelance websites out there is competition. You need to have the skills to be able to compete, I mean you're basically going head to head with some of the best people in the world, you need to stand out to be able to get noticed and be employed and get some decent cash, and its really hard, took me a few years to be able to go steady on oDesk. You need to have some solid connections and contacts, word of mouth and some effort and time.

5. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi, there are many ways to go about that, and I'm going to try to state a few of them.

1. Word of Mouth: Of course, this is the most obvious method of advertising your skill-set. However, as anyone who has tried this method before will testify, it isn't the easiest route. It's also less efficient/effective than the other methods.

2. Automated Marketing Software: This involves using application programs in the

marketing process. There are so many marketing programs that will allow you to engage directly with

your prospective clients/customers right from the software. One such software that readily comes to

mind is BuzzBundle - A Social Media Marketing Software from Link-Assistant.

3. Online Forums: Web forums like this are also a great place to market your skill-set.

of course, using one of those automated marketing tools mentioned above can make it far more

effective.

This is my own quota. Hope it helps?:confused:

#5Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  6. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi, I'll soon be starting a thread where I intend to teach a web design class for free, to those who are

interested. It's going to be a set of interactive sessions. You can monitor my threads in this category to

see when I begin, just in case you're interested. Thanks