Who Is The Best Internet Provider?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by hummingbirdee • Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    We get our internet through a local phone company. Ever since we have been with them, our land line is not the same. Because they use the phone line for DSL, it has so much static that it is hard to hear. Our internet stops working several times a month and we have to constantly call customer service for help. Some people use cable but I am not sure how reliable that is. If you have any suggestions for the best internet provider please share your experiences. We would really like to change what we are doing.

2. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I think it really depends on where you are located. Do you have more than one phone company available where you live? If so, you might get better service through someone else.

When your modem was installed, there should have been filters included that are supposed to be put on all your phone jacks. If you don't have them, it might be causing part of your phone problems.

3. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    In my area, Cox and Verizon are the best.
    They have amazing speed and a lot of bandwidth.

Are you sure everything is hooked up properly? You might want to have one of their employees come by and check.

4. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    Yes, we have the filters on our phone jacks and it still doesn't work that well. It might not be a bad idea to have employees come out and check, as long as there isn't a charge. We usually talk to someone from India when we call customer service. Thanks for your suggestions, though. Everything is worth a try. Cable is the only other service that is an option.

5. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I also use a local phone company for my DSL. My land line also messes up all the time. I am in the same boat you are. I have been searching for a new company to go with. The prices are just more than I am already paying!

6. emmit6378

emmit6378New Member

Threads:
    I think after reading this thread the best way to go is cable! I have tried DSL for a while but I always had trouble with connection and service through my wireless router was horrible since the connection was bad to begin with. I will try cable, I think we have something called xfinity like that around my area. I see the vans driving around every once and a while. Is there anyone that uses this service? Any good tips?

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We went with cable when we moved into our new home. In our old house, we had a land line phone charge (only used for computer), a DSL bill and satellite TV service. We now have just cable for TV and highspeed internet and are saving money every month. We have it set up as a wireless network with 3 TV's, 3 computers and 1 xBox360, all connected with no loss of speed. We are with Time Warner Cable and have had no problems with them at all. I know years ago they weren't very good (internet down alot) so they must have improved their service recently. We got the Road Runner Turbo for internet.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had DSL in the past and had troubles. I switched to cable. It's more expensive, but I have very little problems with it. The only problem occur when we have bad weather. Then, the cable company works to fix the problem quickly and pro-rates my service. In Southern California, I have Time Warner. When I lived in Nevada, I had Cox. I have no problem recommending either service.

9. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    The best internet provider in my area is definitely Virgin Media. If you have any kind of fibre optic service available in your area then I would recommend getting yourself that. The speeds and reliability are generally a lot better, cable would be my second choice though.

10. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    In my local area, I think Verizon FIOS has the best speed and prices.

11. anna_bella

anna_bellaNew Member

Threads:
    The best ISP heard of so far is Falcon. They get their bandwidth from Rogers but they charge almost half the price. The speed is really fast and consistent and the service is unlimited. They're great if you're looking for a straight forward internet hook-up with great customer service. The don't waste time with handing out extras like free email addresses which is why the price per month ends up being so low.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have verizon FIOS. It's pretty good. Before that, I had Optimum from Cablevision. Problem was, I also took on their phone service to get a deal on their Online service. But I would get a ton of wrong number calls to my phone at all times of night! When I was with Verizon phone service. I got maybe 3 wrong numbers every 8 months. If that many. But with Cablevision's phone service it was 8 per every 2 weeks or less! I couldn't deal with that so I moved to Verizon DSL. Eventually upgraded to FIOS and it's all good here.

13. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    There's plenty to choose from when it comes to internet providers, but I don't see the difference between any of them if your area has a poor signal. I have a great ISP and been with them for over seven years, but our area signal isn't all that great. However, they have recently put in some new fibre optic cables which gives us a better signal.

#13Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  14. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Certainly not Cox. I had them and their internet can go down for several hours at a time. I still have yet to discover the best internet provider.

15. giantzfan247

giantzfan247New Member

Threads:
    i think in new jersey the best isp overall is comcast/xfinity. they have great speeds up to 40/10 which is amazing and all anyone will.they have 24-7 tech support.and there customer service is superb. the price is good aswell, 90$ for the first six months triple play, and then its 120$ i currently pay 170 for 2 hd boxes, 40/10 speeds, and phone. i am really happy with my isp also they have unlimited ip changes if u need em :)

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have internet with my phone company. Bellsouth DSL, I admit it was very fast at first, but it has slowed down a little. I don't know the deal with it. And now I can't seem to keep a good connection. It always goes in and out, I have the phone jacks on there in the correct places. I want to switch to something else so bad.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm disgusted with AT&T phone/internet because I was temporarily disconnected for a few hours today until I called and made a payment ,and they told me that there is a $30 reconnection fee FOR EACH PRODUCT. So $30 reconnect fee for phone, $30 reconnect fee for internet and if I had their cable, which I almost ordered once, it would be another $30 reconnect fee =$90.

You know damn well they don't need to charge a reconnect fee for EACH product, but they probably squeeze a lot of money out of their customers that way.

18. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    The best internet provider in my area is Optimum. Before becoming an Optimum subscriber, I had Verizon Dsl and it was horrible. The internet worked for 4-5 hours a day and stopped working for an hour or two. Each time I contacted Verizon they sent a repairman 2-3 days later. I have the triple play bundle from Optimum now and its perfect for my daily usage.

19. raleigh040513

raleigh040513New Member

Threads:
    Before you get the internet provided make sure what is the strong signal in your area.

20. nav0413

nav0413Member

Threads:
    I really want to know who is the best internet provider.I'm planning to have a internet cafe.Could someone help me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.