Who is your favorite Artiste and why?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 14, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Everybody in the World listens to Music, and for those of us who do listen to Music everyday, we have our favorite Artiste/s, who is or are your favorite Artiste/s and why? :D

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my favourite artists is Rykarda Parasol. I really love her lyrics, her moody music, her experimental nature. It feels to me as if she is a soul whom I have known for a very long time. Someone who feels similarly to the way I do, and can express these feelings in songs.
    I can sit for hours and listen to her words, and every time I do, I discover something new, or her words and rhythms take me to rarely explored places deep within myself.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is kind of a difficult question for me. I want to say Britney Spears as no one's music has appealed to me more but she's not really an artist. She's more of an entertainer. I guess I would say Simple Plan other than that as when I do feel like listening to them their lyrics connect with me like no other.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Chris Brown's music. Before him, my favorite artists used to be Linkin Park and Ja Rule, but that was during the early 2000's. Since Ja Rule is not active anymore and Linkin Park changed their musical style, my favorite rock band now would have to be Disturbed.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Disturbed . . . I liked only one of their songs. Indestructible. I'd play the song continuously all day long because then I needed the reminder that no matter how bad things were I was Indestructible. That no challenge was too great . . .

At the present I don't have a favorite artist. But I like listening to old songs by Cedarmont Kids. So if I must be honest, if those kids can be called artistes then as at now, they are #1 for me.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite artist is an EDM producer (who also sometimes sings) named BT. He's a genius EDM producer, creating music that is truly art. He's even innovated some things to music, such as the "stutter edit" (where in music, a vocalist is "stuttered" digitally). His greatest album would have to be "These Hopeful Machines".

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am old school, my favorite is jazz and r&b type, Marvin Gaye, Fourplay and Norman Brown are the types of artist I like.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I came across this British band on Spotify and they're called Daughter. Their songs are really great and i can't stop listening to them. As far as i know Daughter is an indie band but if I'm wrong, well they certainly have an indie feel to their music and the band itself. Their genre is sort of indie-folkish music and it's really good.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Whitney Houston. I really shouldn't have to say why because I said: Whitney Houston. Simply put, the greatest singer to ever hold a microphone. There may be singers that had "better" songs, but there is no other singer that had a better voice and her stage presence was simply amazing, second only to her voice.

10. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    This is cool! I also love the same genre as well! I'm listening to Fourplay and Marvin Gaye, too. Aside from those great artists, I also love listening to Incognito, Earth Wind and Fire, and some neo-soul like Jill Scott. I'm sorry that I can't give out just one artist that I love because it wouldn't be fair to point out just one. They're all geniuses and I can't leave them out!