Who likes fountain pens?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Ember • Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ember

EmberNew Member

Threads:
    Last year, my husband had to be hospitalized for several days. It was serious but not life-threatening. Anyway, I decided to take up journal-writing as a way to get through some of the boredom of sitting in a hospital room, so I went to my local Staples and bought a nice notebook and a fancy fountain pen. That was 13 months ago. Now I have something like 25 or 30 fountain Pens. Some are new ones I bought on Amazon, and some are vintage ones I've found in flea markets.

I can't make it through the day now without my Lamy Safari. (I am a teacher and my kids are fascinated—many have never even seen such a pen.) Once I'm home, though, I love journaling with my old Parker 45. It's really so much fun trying out the different colors of inks and restoring old pens to working condition. You wouldn't think so now that everyone's gone digital, but fountain pens and inks are still a booming business.

Is anyone else here into fountain pens? Do you have a favorite brand or model?

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that fountain pens put the fun back into writing. Writing to me has never been better than with a fountain pen. The process is so smooth and everything just flows so naturally and i love that.

3. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I membered using a fountain pen a few years ago. I can't say the experience was one I would want to go through. You see, fountain pens are cut for those with good handwriting, a category where I'm conspicuously missing. In other words, I couldn't read what I had written by then. I however love the vintage feeling they bring to writing.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I remember I use fountain pens when I was in college, but the fact that I do most of my homework on my computer. Therefore, writing becomes less by hands because the technology and that's what my instructions to write my paper on the computer. I like using fountain pens, and I used to be very picky about what kind of pens I use in school.

5. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    My parents and to be more precise my mother uses fountain pens when working. I tried to use them in the past as well but I noticed it took me longer than normal when writting with a fountain pen, probably because I'm not used to them. Nowadays I hardly use any kind of pen since most of my work is being done using my laptop.