Who loves Amazon?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dkramarczyk • Nov 7, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Amazon. I have purchased a few items from Amazon in the past but I've found Amazon isn't cheaper than most of the websites I buy from. I prefer to use eBay for clothing bargains. The clothes on Amazon are more expensive.

2. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I love Amazon. I wish, though, that Amazon.ca had all the different merchandise that the .com does. I'd love to get groceries delivered. :) As it is, I love books, and I use .com to fill my Kindle, and .ca to get the old fashioned print stuff.

3. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I am another fan. Amazon has been really worthwhile for me, good selection for books, music cds, and movie dvds, and generally I find good prices. Also I have bought from secondary sellers and I have even sold a few items on Amazon.
    Once I had a problem with an Amazon item, specifically a Sons of Anarchy season dvd package and complained. Prompt reply and they walked me through the steps re sending it back and then got a replacement to me. Full marks. Incidentally the problem was one of the dvds would not play. I think it was one of the early pressings.
    I am going to endorse another poster's comments, yes, there is a difference with Amazon.ca and Amazon.com. Since I am in Canada I pretty well exclusively use the Canadian but, yes there is more on the Amazon.com site.
    Not a complaint just a comment.
    Overall, I was using some used book stores and some chains for my book purchases and dvds but Amazon ended up being the source. Selection and price. Wow I sound like an ad.
    Ryder13

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I would say about Amazon is that there customer service is excellent, no complaints there. I have purchased a few items I wasn't satisfied with and there were no issues with returning the item for a refund. They even refunded an item that was 5 months past the refund date.

5. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    To be honest, I rarely buy from Amazon. I absolutely prefer eBay. I think it's because I absolutely love the features eBay has (mainly the feedback and advance search options).

6. Guardian

GuardianNew Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of price comparing on everything when i buy online and Amazon is usually one of the cheapest places to buy. I buy on other sites sometimes, but that's only when they can beat Amazons prices. Even when i shop elsewhere I usually use Amazon for products and reviews since it is very popular. They help me find the product I want, and then I price shop. In the end, Amazon gets the majority of my business when shopping online.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't :( Most Amazon items don't ship to my location. And if they do, shipping costs are way too pricey. Last I checked (I don't know if this has changed) they do not take PayPal for payments. So, as a non-US resident, Amazon isn't really an option for me. I prefer buying on eBay.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I don't know why Amazon doesn't take paypal payments. If they opened their selling up to Paypal, they'd make even more of a fortune than they already have.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon as well. I am able to get phone cases, and other accessories for just a few dollars. The same Iphone headset, that Apple charges for $29 I got for $2.00. And cases that cost $15-$20 for just $2. Its amazing I tell you, simply amazing.

10. Chsiung

ChsiungNew Member

Threads:
    I agree Amazon is a great online service. I have to say that I use it all the time myself to buy items I wouldn't find that much in stores. Amazon has a large variety of items to pick out and how items are in good condition. The best experience I had was when I bought a new computer. I had found a cheap one and I thought that maybe it would be a little scratched or maybe have problems loading programs. Thankfully everything loaded smoothly just as it was bought from a store. Waiting for the shipping from Amazon was worth the wait for me and should be for a lot of people.

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I really don't want to spend $25 and over for just one thing I am looking for. And then some of the things aren't qualified for free shipping.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Fully agree with that. PayPal is the #1 payment method worldwide (with the exception of AliPay in China). Most people use it because it's the safest payment platform there is. And you don't even need a CC to buy something; you can get paid and then use your PayPal balance.

If Amazon accepted PayPal, then my PayPal balance would be negative already :p

13. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon! I have already purchased several items from them and have always received my packages on time or early, from reliable vendors. If you really do your research before you purchase a certain item, to get the lowest price, you will find that Amazon doesn't always have the lowest price. However,most of their items especially accessories, are priced way lower than where you would find elsewhere, as someone else stated. I purchased a Fisher Price Jumperoo from Amazon for my daughter and saved $40. In stores it was around $119. I only paid around $80 for a brand new one, plus shipping was free. I have also only had positive experiences with Amazon customer service. When I had to return the Jumperoo because my daughter ended up hating it, soon after having purchased it, I was refunded within 3 days and given a return sticker for the box it came. Shipping back free of charge. I love Amazon!

14. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    To date, I've never had a problem with amazon since I started using their online service. Most of my deliveries come within 24 hours and the products are great. I'm always recommending them to my friends and family too.

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon too, I go there when I want to find a great deal on something I am looking for especially in electronics. Amazon always has a great range of items to chose from. I also like how you are told the condition of the product, whether is new or used. I do have to say though that given some past experience that it is important to deal with someone who has a good rating as a seller out there.

16. Dalek

DalekNew Member

Threads:
    I really love amazon.I buy all of my electronics from there, they do however have one major problem(although it's not their fault) That problem is the royal mail at Christmas time, it make me wanna bang my head against a wall, you either have to get your online shopping done in November, or not do online shopping at all.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really like Amazon as well, too. I still tend to buy from Ebay first if at all possible because I can get it cheaper. If Amazon has it cheaper, though, then I certainly won't complain. They always ship really fast.

18. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I bought from Amazon on Christmas like 2 years ago. Never had a problem getting my stuff on time.

19. EmoPopsicle

EmoPopsicleNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon is literally the shopper's heaven. There's all sorts of stuff you can find on there that is available for FREE SHIPPING; I love the Super Saver shipping idea that they implemented. Also, a while ago there was no tax for Amazon in California, which was a HUGE plus for me. Now there's tax, but it's still my top choice when I'm buying online.

20. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I love hot deals. If other sites can offer better deals than amazon, i would also consider them. Anyway, Amazon is a still nice choice for online shopping.