Who loves Amazon?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dkramarczyk • Nov 7, 2012.

1. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    Amazon is really awesome. I got the Prime membership and it has made it one of the best websites for me, they have the best prices for everything with prime I really have no reason to go to the store.

2. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is awesome! It is the place I shop the most online. I get around $40 in gift cards for Amazon from Swagbucks. They also offer points for shopping at Amazon through their site. I love the wishlist, I can save stuff for later, I currently have like 123 items on my wishlist.

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't made any money with Swagbucks. They seem very difficult to get any value from, you must have a lot of free time on your hands.

4. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    Amazon is one of the first places I go to comparison shop. I really like that you can get free shipping for a lot of their items. When shopping online, free shipping is a plus for me! Some companies will charge an arm and a leg to ship the smallest of items. For the most part I always find what I am looking for at the cheapest price. It's also a great outlet to sell new or gently used items you don't use or want. I just sold 3 Wii games and I'm using that extra cash for Christmas shopping!

5. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    I started using Amazon for books only. I have since progressed to buying lots of other things from them. Ebay has always been my shopping site of choice, but now and again items that can't be found on eBay are on Amazon and usually as cheap or cheaper. Shipping on Amazon is lightening fast. This could be because I have never bought anything that ships from China on Amazon. Do they have Chinese shippers? You do have to be careful with shipping fees on Amazon. Sometimes the item will ship free, but other times the shipping cost is just too much. On the whole, I'd give Amazon 4 stars.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to buy stuff from Amazon, because sometimes I can't find what I'm looking on Ebay, and I find it at Amazon. But I don't have a credit card, so I can only pay via Paypal. But since they don't accept Paypal since it's their competitor, I hope that they will accept other payment processors in the future, like Payza or Liberty Reserve.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love amazon as well! I have prime and it's an excellent value for how often I use the site, and how many things on it are eligable for free 2 day shipping. A large amount of my time shopping online is spent on amazon, and I've only ever had an issue once, which they dealt with very quickly and professionally.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have. It all depends on what you put into and sometimes luck, if you get certain offers or surveys, etc. Still, it isn't always a case of needing excessive amounts of free time.

9. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I love Amazon, myself. They just always seem to have bargains, and always have what you are looking for. Another thing that I like about Amazon is the way you always get free shipping whenever you shop with them. Whereas you shopping with eBay and you end up paying about $7 for shipping and a little tax. That is something that I hate about eBay so much.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon because some of the products they sell are cheaper than the price I'd be charged if I was buying at some store. Recently I read an article about Amazon defrauding govt.s by not paying taxes and that everyone should boycott them because without tax [being paid by Amazon] we won't get any public service, people would lose their jobs by the thousands and so on. But hey, govt.s have been telling lies for centuries. With or without their negative propaganda if Amazon keeps offering great deals, then more and more people will keep shopping there.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big shopper of Amazon. Since getting screwed by Ebay sellers a few times, I really appreciate the customer service. The majority of the time I have no problem with my purchase but when I have, I am refunded with little hassle. I like the idea that the shipping usually comes early. You can find many things on Amazon and to me the prices are fair. If Amazon was a brick and mortar store, I'd shop there more often. I just wish I could sell on there.

12. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon is the bomb! I haven't caved yet and got Prime but I know that there will be a time in the future when it will be well worth it. Recently, I have found that my cashback bonus that I earn from Discover can be used at Amazon so that's yet another cool quirk that Amazon offers.

13. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon too because my experience with it always remained very decent and at the same time good at all the stuff which is more like the need.The thing is when we start bothering all the things that is when you get to learn a lot and at the same time you have right way of doing things which are fine enough in a way.

14. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon for certain things. I feel like I can get the best deals at Amazon for things like books and movies as well as music. I have also gotten some good make-up from Amazon. Other than that I usually shop at Ebay though, I kind of equally love them both. They each have good deals on certain things.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If there are only 3 of a certain game or movie on Amazon, you will be overcharged for it. Amazon Marketplace sellers look at the quantity and prices before listing their items.
    So if there's only 3 copies of a video game, the seller will charge $200 for it. At least on eBay, there are a lot of competing sellers and a lot of copies of things, so you can shop around for a lower price.
    That's the one area where eBay has an advantage.

16. zuulspaceman

zuulspacemanNew Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon mostly because a lot of the websites I like to use will give me gift cards for there. I like to buy books used for pennies and also video games that people are selling for cheap. I generally won't buy anything that's not above good condition or whatever because I've been sent really bad looking merchandise in those cases. However, when you complain about ANYTHING they will give your money back and let you keep the item. Pretty cool company to shop at, but I heard they're miserable to work for.

17. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    Amazon is usually the first and only place I check when I need an item. I trust that they're offering it at a low price and I usually don't even bother to shop around or price check.

18. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    Yes Amazon is my favorite online store. I do a lot of small task online, when I finish with the task the company ask how would I like to be paid. I pick the Amazon e-gift cards. I like the Amazon e-gift cards because you can save them all up and they don't expire. If it something I really want I add it to my Amazon wish list. I like that some of the Arthur that has put their books on Amazon let you read their eBook for free. So I have a lot of eBooks from Amazon that I have on my Kindle. The prime is good if you no you are going to be buying a lot from Amazon. I have had the chance to catch up on a lot of my movies for free. I think the best part of Amazon or the review from real people. It nice to know before you buy item.

19. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    I am totally hooked on Amazon. I have the Amazon credit card, so I get points from that to spend there, plus what I can earn on swagbucks and a few other sites. I've only had to use customer service twice in the 10+ years I've been shopping there, and they were very helpful.

Even if I am not going to buy at Amazon because I need something NOW not in two days, I go to amazon to get product information.

With 3 kindles in the house Amazon prime is a no brainer, we watch movies, read from the kindle lender's library, and I don't have to order more than I need to get free shipping. I can order one little thing and in 2 days it's in my hands, no shipping charges.

20. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Considering Amazon only and not third party sellers, Amazon is an incredible company. You can get great deals on just about every item and save money with Amazon Prime. They're one of the few online retailers that offers a great deal on shipping without making you wait forever to receive your items. I've always had good experiences with Amazon's customer service, too, although I've also heard of plenty complaints. My experiences with the company have always been positive, and that's why I continue to use Amazon as my main online retailer.