Who's better - YouTube or Daily Motion

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by True2marie • May 19, 2014.

1. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Youtube is standard and classic for video sharing , but its true that dailymotion is developing equally with youtube , its no wonder that it will beat youtube in net market in a couple of years time. Also, there is not that many restrictions with Dailymotion and it promotes original content better than Youtube. So my vote goes to dailymotion

2. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    Personally, I would side with Youtube, Dailymotion does not have as big a following and a smaller following means fewer videos. Plus, Youtube has more original videos, people are constantly showcasing their talents on the server and there's just great stuff to see there that you wouldn't find anywhere else. However, since you use the websites for watching movies, Dailymotion is better because Youtube routinely deletes copyrighted material, whereas Dailymotion doesn't.

3. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggyNew Member

Threads:
    For free movies I don't think Youtube will be in the running for long, they're really cracking down on copyright content. Never really tried Dailymotion, can you find any sort of movie on there? Some video hosting sites only offer foreign films

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it's kind of obvious that Youtube is better, otherwise not so many people would use it. Still, I also like Dailymotion. If something gets removed on Youtube, you can normally find it again on Dailymotion. Besides, there's a bit more of a peacefulness or casual feeling on Dailymotion, since there aren't as many people.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand YouTube after the whole copyright shiz. I understand that they don't want to get in trouble but I don't know why people care so much about copyright. Yes the copyright laws were invented for a reason but big wigs go overboard. I agree with a lot of laws but copyright is one of the few I don't.
    I do use YouTube a lot unfortunately because like others said there are so many videos. I agree that if you want to find movies you are probably better off going to DailyMotion.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always searched for videos on Youtube until I can't find certain Japanese TV shows that I would want to watch. So I tried searching on Google, and Veoh has them. So so far, I have only viewed TV shows and documentaries on Youtube and Veoh. I will try to use Daily Motion and see if they have what I can't find on Youtube and Veoh.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'd choose YOUTUBE any day because as far as I'm concerned, it's really the best video sharing site. I have very little experience with Daily Motion and everytime i go on it, it would somehow gives me trouble with the videos. Could be that the video takes some time to load or it keeps crashing. I don't know but I'm not impressed with Daily Motion. Youtube however is the exact opposite. Too many videos to choose from and the videos would play without issues. Honestly, i think no one can beat Youtube. :p

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    YouTube is way more popular and I use it more often. Still, I go to DailyMotion or Vimeo to see more rare videos or videos that were removed from YouTube. So, I still have a purpose for using DailyMotion, but I use YouTube more often.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In terms of streaming speed, YouTube wins hands-down. In terms of new movies or rare clips, I tend to find a treasure trove at Daily Motion. What I like YouTube though is that you can now see a full movie without having to put up with it in parts. I'm so exasperated by watching staggered clips, which is still the reality for Daily Motion. YouTube is easy to embed too.