Who's excited?!

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by TheMightyEddy • Nov 17, 2012.

1. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    So who's excited for Black Friday shopping?! I totally am! I'll be at the Desert Hills Premium Outlet in Palms Springs! :D

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm actually excited for Cyber Monday, now that I've heard of it. I hope stores that ship worldwide have some great deals!

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I never buy into the black Friday hype. To me, it's just hyper-consumerism really. If I need to get something I'll get it but otherwise, not impressed.

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Sorry but getting excited over shopping and sales is not my cup of proverbial tea.
    I just don't buy (good choice of words) into it. I can get excited over a great ride on my motorcycle or seeing someone special. Even a good workout. Not shopping. I am just not into consumer culture. I do like to save and be as frugal as I can though.
    Ryder13

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been a big black friday shopper. There is rarely anything that I see that I absolute want. I do however occasionally enjoy seeing the online specials because every once in a while they have some great deals.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like going into those crazy crowds so i just did my black friday online same thing just less stress and more relaxing.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Most people to to get those flatscreen tv's that are marked down from like $9,000 to $3,000 or $99.99 a month in payments.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been big on Black Friday. For me I would rather avoid the crowds and stay home. If I do go shopping I find that I prefer to do it online where there is no stress of dealing with the crowds and the lines.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well cyber monday is over, I hope all of those that were looking for good discounts online found them. I am not a big shopper so I was not scoring for deals. It may have something to do with the fact that my grand kids are not into toys any more, all of the fun has gone out of it for me.

10. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    So, were you able to find some good deals? I have gone black friday shopping before, but it is not my favorite. I do not like a ton of people and the crowds. I bought most of my things on cyber monday instead. It is much better for me to avoid the malls and the actual store location and order online instead. Plus, I can usually find a better price as I can shop around, find percentages off and get free shipping.

11. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I don't do Black Friday shopping, never have. I have worked retail and it is really funny to watch some people thinking their life will end if they don't get a certain item. Just think it's silly.

Now for the last three years we do most of our shopping online. We usually start before Black Friday and will go up until we know for sure that it will get to us on time. There are always things you have to go out and buy because they will only be offered in the stores...they do this on purpose! LOL I love to shop online so this is a great fit for me. Black Friday, not so much! I avoid all stores on Black Friday!

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am not into that Black Friday crap. I know that any time I want something, I can go to the store to get it then if I need the item. Otherwise, I feel I would be hoarding something that I don't want and no one else. I believe that's how people get all this unnecessary stuff into there homes.

13. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it does end. Many black Friday deaths have occurred over the last few years. Heart attacks, strokes, trampled to death. Parking lot shootings. Luckily this year, there was just a brawl in a store in California. But no deaths reported. Maybe we're getting better as people?