Whos's presents have not turned up?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by rossonomous • Dec 24, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    There have been a few Christmas' where the stuff I have ordered online has not turned up either because I left it too late or the post is just screwed up.

Has anyone been unfortunate enough for this to happen this year?

I have managed to avoid it this year, so I can give presents to everyone without any worries :)

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Last year I had this happen to me I ordered from online and some of the gifts didn't get here until after Christmas :/ was not happy about that! But thank god this year I nailed it and got all gifts here just in time! I had 4 packages coming for Christmas all together I honestly didn't think they would make it. Well I got the first box about a week or more ago than the next day I got my second box I was worried the other two weren't going to make it but to my surprise I got a box yesterday and the last box got here today! Talk about close call it was def cutting short. So happy I got it today!

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I have made it a must to always buy Christmas presents in stores and malls because this is exactly what I'm afraid may happen. There are too many unpredictable events that can happen and I can't afford the delay especially on days like this. Good to hear that you guys still manage to get it sorted out.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My first shipment of presents from Amazon got stolen when UPS left them at my door. So I had to reorder them and they showed up at 7PM on Christmas Eve. There's still one more box missing.
    I read an article that said that UPS had a real problem with holiday shipping this year and many people did not get their Christmas deliveries from Amazon. Supposedly Amazon has been offering disgruntled customers shipping refunds and gift cards. That doesn't really make up for disappointing your kid on Christmas, though.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Quite a few of my items did not end up as early as planed. Thankfully not stolen. So sorry that happened to you ACSAPA.

I always have a back up plan. Be it something I can print instantly like tickets or online gift 'cards' or going out and picking up a few things from a few places. This works perfects if the items do happen to arrive just in time because I can easily transfer them to someone else or keep them myself. ;)

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    If I could be bothered then I would do this :p

Shopping online is fine, but it is best to do it a good 3/4 weeks before so if there are any delays they can be rectified before it gets too late.

Wow thats awful, especially at Christmas!

I had a package stolen from my front door before, it was my first XBOX 360 being delivered by Amazon. Thankfully they replaced it for free after 2 weeks of 'investigations'

Then only issue I have with this idea is that they are pretty impersonal. However, as a backup plan it's a pretty good idea.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Fortunately, all of my presents showed up and on time. However, I did read a news story on Yahoo of how many presents were late this year because of mishaps or alternate weather. Hopefully, next year will be better.