Why are NIMO prices increasing?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Earthmama1 • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Earthmama1

Earthmama1Member

Threads:
    I saw on the news a few weeks ago that NIMO was going to be almost doubling their current rates. So I researched it and it was true! I talked to my next door neighbor to see if she had gotten her bill yet because I did not get mine. Her bill went up by $52 and she uses a lot less electricity than me. When I recived my bill it was $76 more than it was last month. I am not sure why they are doing this but what I have heard is that they are doing a new supply and demand thing. Scince this winter is so much colder than all the others everyone is using more than last year. So they are making out on us! I just dont understand why they would do that to people, we aren't all rich you know.

2. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    It's probably all the EPA rules being enforced. When Obama was campaigning he said that under his administration electricity rates would 'necessarily have to skyrocket'. This is what he wanted, and he freely admitted it, and people voted for him anyway.

I heard the new EPA rules were going into effect this year. All the fines on coal plants, etc. Many are closing down because of the fines. What gets me is that for the last 15 years I've been paying higher prices because I signed up for 100% renewable energy, and my electric prices went up a fair amount this past month, but not as much as your did.

We can't say he didn't come through on his campaign promises.