Why being a Vegan is wrong

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by JaydonTyler • Jun 25, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Vegans think they are taking the healthy route when in fact they are not.

Being a vegan is wrong and I can explain why with a few quick sentences. Our body needs amino acids that can be found in green veggies. But, our body also needs healthy fats. When you eat healthy fats and amino acids, you give your body what it needs to be strong and healthy.

Without a diet with sufficient healthy fats, you yourself will not be healthy. This is why vegans are often unhealthy people. Although, you dont need meat to take in healthy fats. Vegans need to focus mainly on eating healthy fats if they want to remain a vegan.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well for the healthy fats portion of your statement, keep in mind that there are plenty of items like nut butters and avocados that do provide healthy fats.

In general, though, yes, there are many vegans who may not be the healthiest because they're not diversifying their diets enough to include all the nutrients they need. Then again, we can say that about a lot of non-vegans, too...

3. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    I respect the vegan philosophy and all that but I don't think it's a healthy diet 95% of the time. I agree that there are some nutrients that are very difficult to get in the right amounts. I don't think they get enough saturated fat or bioavailable amino acids, and there's way too much omega 6 polyunsaturated fat. There are highly nutritious foods like liver and bone broth they are missing out on. When I was a vegan I ate a lot of beans and bread for the protein, else I would never feel full. This gave me bad skin and made me feel uncomfortably bloated all the time. It wasn't the ideal diet for me.