Why Buy Water?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Dec 29, 2014.

1. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    It's convenient from time to time if I want to take some water out with me and don't have time to fill a bottle. It's nice because I can just throw a bottle or two in to my bag and won't need to worry about finding a fountain or clean tap to fill from.

I find it somewhat unusual though for the people who buy the flats of water and drink it exclusively instead of filtered water. It's terribly wasteful.

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    A cheaper solution is to put home-boiled water into a few bottles so that you can always have one handy to take with you when you need to go out in a hurry. I get my bottles free from the bottled water I buy. Kind of buy once and use forever. Well, not exactly forever, but for longer than I can remember.

3. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I'm currently out of town living in a relative's place in Asia. The city here is pretty developed so the tap water is clean, but I do prefer if it was boiled. However, it does have a bit of mineral taste that I do not like, hence when I'm on a biking or hiking trip with my friends in this place, I tend to buy a large bottle of water. I know I'm kind of wasting my money, but it comes with the convenience and taste. I'm thinking about giving my relatives a tap water filter as a parting gift when I leave.

4. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what happened, but I am guilty of this behavior as well. I use to drink water from the tap and even filtered water too but I don't ever do it anymore unless there is no bottled water left in my house to drink. The tap water is clean where I live. I mean it's Canada, we have one of the top sources of water in the world. But for some reason the bottled water just tastes more purified to me and it's easy to go mobile with them and so, I continue to buy them.

5. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    This is something I have never understood. I live in the UK and pay around £20 a month for a clean and safe supply of water to my home. Why should I then go out and pay £1 for a singel bottle fo water? My son likes bottled water when we go on days out, so I tend to buy one, keep the bottle and then refill it when we go out.

6. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Tap water, in my own opinion, tastes fowl. Even when purified, I still don't enjoy the taste or quality. I greatly prefer bottled water. It isn't that expensive ether. You can purchase a pack of water bottles at the Dollar Tree for a good bargain. They're already packaged so that each bottle can be thrown into a purse or bag and consumed anywhere conveniently.