Why Couples Shouldn't Buy Each Other Gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Denis Hard • Nov 14, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. Yes. It has gotten increasingly harder to type out here in the UK; I could not even begin to describe to you how cold it currently is. It literally is one of the coldest Winter's that I have ever encountered, and I have been on this planet for over two decades and a bit lol. Some people like to keep up with the Jones', and spoil even when they do not necessarily have the means. They will not be me. I have to be comfortable spending money in order to spend it.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well, over here we have no winter, so I have never been around any snow in my entire life, lol. I think you should put on those mittens so that you won't feel that cold as you type.

3. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    Some couples think it is a waste of money giving gifts to each other. They prefer to do something together such as have a dinner, going for a journey..

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although we don't often get each other gifts, and prefer to go out eating instead, we certainly don't think getting each other gifts is a waste of money. If money weren't an object, we'd definitely buy each other gifts more often. I do enjoy getting a random gift from my husband, when there's nothing specific to celebrate. I know he likes that, too.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    This is a difficult one - as realistically speaking there isn't a one size fits all answer to this question.

For example - as both my husband and I are not big on gift giving purely for the sake of it - we rarely ever give each other individual gifts on special occasions and generally celebrate each occasion by doing something jointly - as we prefer to show our appreciation of each other by giving unexpected gifts throughout the year - many of which often cost absolutely nothing at all - whereas others we know - choose to go all out and buy each other big expensive gifts as well as have huge celebrations for every occasion that arises - which kind of says to me - what is important here - is that it really doesn't matter how a couple chooses to show their appreciation of each - so long as they do in a way that makes them both happy.

But whether couples should or shouldn't give gifts to each other, how they choose to spend their money or whether it would be a waste of money - I really wouldn't want to comment on - as to be honest - apart from the fact that - what one couple may regard as a waste of money another may not - what someone chooses to do with their own money is for them and no one else to decide - as we are all individuals with different values and priorities.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think its okay to get each other gifts for the holidays especially if it is something special the other person wanted. My significant and I will typically get something we need or do something special and say that is our holiday gift.
    I definitely don't think couples shouldn't get each other gifts. You get a gift for someone as a thank you during the holidays so I think you can say thank you to your significant other.