Why do you exercise?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by JaydonTyler • Jun 24, 2014.

1. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I first started working out to help me gain weight. I used to be a skinny kid. I wanted to gain mass so I got into strength training. Looks were never a primary motivation for me, but it's definitely a bonus. Always feels nice when somebody notices the fruit of your labor. And exercising puts me in a great mood. I work out in the morning and it energizes me for the rest of the day.

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise to stay fit and look good. I have always had a slim build without having to exercise. I found out I was out of shape when I realize that I could not run for long even though I am not overweight. Now that I work out, i look much better in swimsuits! Everything is lifted and tight.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These are also the reasons I exercise, we are all going to get older and I want to stay healthy as long as I can that means moving my body. I plan to fight the concept of being old with all my might.

4. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Same thing here, just to make myself presentable. But I don't exercise as much as I would love to now. Since I've lost some weight I kind of eased out of my exercise routine and it doesn't help that my girlfriend isn't taking care of her physique either. But yeah, it's basically 'Just to look great for you'.

5. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise to feel better, because I used to feel like shit, whenever I wasted a whole day just playing video games and eating. I feel way better now that I started looking at what I eat and working out.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise because it feels good seriously. I don't really exercise because I want to be healthy or look good, I exercise because it just feels good every time. Since it releases endorphins in your body it gives you that 'high', so every morning I exercise just to jump start my day and be productive. The looking good and being healthy part is just the consolation for me.

7. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    Health is definitely a large part of the reason that I exercise. It makes you feel really good to be in shape, and as a lifelong insomniac, it also helps me to sleep. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that part of the reason I stay fit is pure vanity. Who doesn't like to look good? I also find a lot of types of exercise to be really fun, too, especially playing sports, like basketball.

8. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise to neutralize my weight gain & ensure that I'm getting the necessary activity my body needs to maintain normal and good health. Obviously I think we all work out so that can look our absolute best. It's an art for some, but just a moderate hobby for me.

9. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    To be completely honest, I work out to look good shirtless/naked. That was, and still is, my primary reason for getting into the fitness world.

But now I have more reasons - faster metabolism, more energy & endurance, feeling better...

Whatever your reason is, it's important to stick to your schedule and keep developing. And all the others benefits will come with it!

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise so 1) I don't get over weight since I really like to eat 2) to de-stress because I can for sure get tense. Working out for me is a really good way to calm myself down and keep me mellow. 3) It produces endorphins so it raises my over all well being and mood. I noticed that I do have more energy after working out as well.

#30Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  11. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I exercise because I like the way I feel right after a workout, especially weight lifting. It just makes you feel so pumped up and energetic it's addicting. Aside from that it helps me lose weight and maintain a good figure, which helps with self esteem. In my opinion you should always strive to be healthy, and exercising does that. Exercising, along with a good diet will help me live longer and better, so it's a good way to stay feeling good.

12. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise to be fit and healthy. I feel it is important to keep your body in shape for obvious health reasons. It also doesn't hurt that you look nice when wearing different types of clothing.

13. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I exercise to stay in shape. It's not all about being healthy, I love having a nice body and staying toned.

14. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Endorphins! I really dig that high you get after each session. It really feels good, I feel alive and active and it gives me a boost of energy that I need to go about my productivity every day. Aside from the obvious health benefits I also love to just look my best, I don't really have a sexy body but at least I'm in shape and I can run a marathon any time I wanted.