Why do you like to travel?

Discussion in Travel started by sharjeel • Jun 14, 2013.

1. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    I love traveling the world, I feel a rush of adventure and love meeting new people and I suppose I love getting to play the foreigner. I also like experiencing the new, new different things that you simply cannot get anywhere else.

Also, sometimes I feel shackled to society and I like to de-stress in another country. This last part sort of worries me, because when I get back from a trip and tell people something like "Oh, in this and this country, they don't waste food, because it's expensive and they would never give out such excess portions to be thrown away." People stare and then say, "yeah, that's why I like to be home, and I'm always so glad when I arrive back home here after traveling."

I just don't see it this way. Is that okay? I actually see it like -um, we should sort of take a hint and be grateful for what we have.

Everyone thinks I'm wierd.

I'm just wondering if it's okay to be sort of a traveler of the world, and not really feel a connection to one particular homeland? Or even to resent and hate it at times? Or are people who like to travel and don't like living in one country a rarity and perhaps psychologically troubled (like escaping some sort of abuse memory or what have you)?

I mean, I'll feel better after I see some other people's reasons that that's not the case, and that they just freakin' love living an adventurous life of travel, and that they're not nutters. Thank you.

#1Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I've done some traveling but when I do, it's for the sense of adventure like you mentioned. To have a break from the daily grind of life and have a change of scenery. Plus I find myself often learning something interesting on my travels which broadens my horizons.

3. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I like to travel just because of scenery and family. Last year, during the summer, I visited China with my family to visit my mother's family. They lived in a really nice apartment complex and we visited a lot of places in China! We went on a bus tour for Beijing and had a lot of fun. The Great Wall of China had great scenery of mountains and people.

4. Temitopesmith

TemitopesmithBanned

Threads:
    traveling is a good way of learning. it gives idea about climate , geography , historical background. go on travelling and exploring the world

5. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    I love Traveling very much....and Manali is the best place of traveling in the world......
    it's best place in the world for spending holidays & manali is heaven of india......:eek::):eek:

#5Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like to travel after working really hard. Most of the time I got emotionally and physically exhausted. I do travel to recharge. I love exploring new places, meeting new people. Trying different dishes. Travelling is a good way to relax and to be worry free. No amount of money can match the experiences gained through travelling.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Been a few years since i traveled, but i can say that the main reason i travel is to see the world with my own eyes. Yes, you can see photos and read articles about it, but the feeling of actually being there, seeing how you want to see and not through someone else's eyes is something very unique, at least for me.

8. marcfreund636

marcfreund636New Member

Threads:
    Because i love meeting with new people. Not knowing where we are going to be the next day and the day after. I feel Special with the opportunity to see interesting architecture and learn about different society and his taste. Whenever we travel the other country they thought a lesson how different life is in other parts of the world. Increase your knowledge , makes you realize that the world and life in general , open your eyes and mind..

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Traveling is an excellent way to see how other people live, what they eat, their history especially. we tend to think within borders and in my eyes, that's just not the case. Many of us don't have to go too far back in our history to find someone that was born in a country different than our own. My grandparents were all born in different countries.. technically, they're all a part of me. I don't think in borders. This is my planet and I want to get to know as much about it as possible. Seeing others live in a way much differently than my own, especially in countries that aren't as developed, is a very VERY good way to see a reality that most people tend to forget about when obsessing over celebrities and keeping up with the jonses. I dislike the North American mindset that you sort of touched in your post.. I AM thankful that I have enough food and water and a good home etc, but most people in North America have everything in access compared to other countries. Even our poor. It's a sad reality. I would love nothing more than to travel the world. Settling has it's pros.. but there's enough people doing that already and I don't want to travel to see beaches (there's that mindset again) I want to visit our history, our future and most importantly, reality.

10. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I love traveling for many reasons really, I love learning new things about different cultures, I also love seeing unusual things. I love hot countries and being able to lie in the sun with no worries. I love learning about history in different countries. I would have to say I love traveling most around Europe, but I would also love to travel to America also one day :)

11. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I am a tourist and I love to travel all around the world. It is the only way that gives you many things like happiness, fulfillment of your wish and information about the culture, traditions and history. I have been visiting many places of Asia and Europe. Now I have much knowledge about these places.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to travel because I find where I live to be utterly boring. Like someone else said, it is nice to break out of your routine on occasion. Everything about your trip gives you a sense of adventure from the plane/car ride to the hotel to the outdoor activities.