Why do you like video games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Scottie • Mar 21, 2014.

1. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    video games are a way of showing your personal talents in a virtual world and to get the fun out when your bored. People should try it because it is a fun way of expressing your self and personalities. Its your world you make it and you edit it and act as you want in it.

Why do you like them?

2. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    True. I play video games because it takes me to another world devoid of social discrimination, judgment and scrutiny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an introvert. In video games, I can do whatever I want. I assume another character, so it becomes an outlet to try whatever I fear doing in real life.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I like to play games for the competition I get from other people around the world. Racing and MMO combat games are my favourite. It's also a way for me to keep in contact with some of my real life friends. My only gripe with online multiplayer games is you often meet a lot of trash talkers and such, so it becomes a bit tedius after a while having to constantly submit reviews on the player, so you don't meet again. Thank god for mute buttons too.

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Entertainment, sense of accomplishment, minor socializing sometimes. I was playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 today and everything you do feels very rewarding and many other Nintendo games are similar in this way. I don't really play games for story or watching cinematic things. I like being in control all of the time.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I definitely like video games. They are one of the cures to boredom and I like being taken away from reality to an alternate realm for a few hours. On top of that, I have lots of fun playing characters, going about their objectives and accomplishing levels or victories. It just makes you feel better, especially if you're good at the game you play. I don't play games as much as I watch shows and movies, but I still do play them.

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I like video games because they provide an escape from the stress of everyday life. Video games are a great stress reliever. They allow you to relax, and have fun, I like to play sports video games most often. Simply because I am heavily into sports. I was never any good at sports in real life, so video games give me personal experience. I can create my own player in NBA2K14, and live out my dream of playing in the NBA. Video games are a truly wonderful invention I do not think that I could live without them.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw a Fiat ad that said "It's adventure. It's art. It's action. It's escapism." This sums up my feelings about videro games.
    Video games are interactive movies that take teams of artists and programmers years to make.
    Watching a superhero in a movie doesn't compare to playing a game and being the hero and controlling his heroic actions.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like video games a lot! Aside of the fun you can have playing you can make money. You meet new people of all ages and places around the world. You sharpen you wits and mind too playing games. You can win trophies, money, have fun and meet new friends when you play games online is why I like video games.:)

9. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I love them and always have. Not only do many require you to strategize and hone your skills, but most allow you to be social and meet new people all over the world. Plus, I like games with PvE and PvP aspect. Raids, dungeons, and there strategies are fun. I like healing so it's excited as well. Getting new gear and enchants. PvP is fun because though it causes nerd rages it really requires you to show your skill and knowledge to defeat your foe!

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that there are a lot of reasons why I like playing video games, and the idea of them. But the main reason is that there is not a lot of stake when I am playing a video game. If I love, then more often than not, I am not going to be negatively impacted by that loss for the rest of my life. There is always another chance. On top of that, most games are very relaxing to play.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a highfalutin reason for liking video games. I simply think they're fun - a world out of the ordinary - and stress-relieving. You forget your pains as a human being every moment you immerse in a game. You concern yourself with the goals of winning or overcoming an obstacle every time you're in that virtual space.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree about the stress. When I am playing a video game, many of the stresses of my life vanish for a time, until I fail the level and have to wait for my lives to recharge, until I am able to play the game again. But by then I usually move onto the next game on my smartphone lol. I love games for their sense of story too. Not all games have this, but the best types of games do.

13. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I like video games because they allow me to become someone who I can only dream of in real life. From fighting dragons, to exploring dungeons, and hacking whole cities with just my phone. There's simply a lot of possibilities with video games and they make great stress reliever. Nowadays however, I'm trying to stay away from them because I need to focus on the other aspects of my life.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love games simply because they're fun and they're quite entertaining. I used to devote a lot of time playing video games when I was younger, but as I grew older I have become more busy, so I play video games less.

15. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I like playing video games because they are fun, but that isn't the case sometimes. My favorite video game is The Beginners Guide. It's a so called "Walking Simulator" where you don't have an actual gameplay but a really good story. Many people argue that this game shouldn't be called a video game, and I agree it should be called a masterpiece. The story was great, and the feeling you get at the end, it's just amazing. The Stanley Parable which is also a game from the same developer is another great example of a Walking Simulator. The story is great and you have tons of endings. It has this mystery setting where you do not know what is going on, and you have different stories where the ending is never the same. You should really buy and play these games they are worth every cent you spent on them.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am not so much into playing video games these days, years back I had more interest on them and would spend a lot of the time playing them for pleasure. Video games is just one right activity for me whenever I am looking for how to while away the time.

17. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I love video games because they challenge me. Everytime I can't complete a level I always keep trying. I always go for the complicated games. They are also a good way to pass time.

#17Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  18. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Games relieve me a bit from stress. It helps me think a lot too. Whenever my wife and I are planning to do something like put up a business or something similar to that, I would literally play hours just for me to think straight. After playing, I can interact and I do come up with some ideas which is funny and stupid in other peoples views.

19. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    They can really just work for you in a couple of ways. Sometimes they are nice to relax to and just go braid dead for a little bit, which for me is after a rough work day. Or you can really escape and get into it.

20. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Playing video games is a form of entertainmemt and a way to release stress. It's an escape from reality that can really help me let go of problems I have had during the day. It's a way to have fun in any moment of the day and even a good way to bond with your kids for a little while.