Why I'm not excited with the Man of Steel

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 20, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that excited about the Man of Steel movie that's about to come. Why? Because I'm not really a fan of Superman. I think that he has one of the most boring super powers among the superheroes that I know of. Super strength? Not so cool. Flying? Not so cool. Laser beam? Not so cool. X-ray vision? Could have been cool... If it was a Rated R movie. Lol.

Anyways, since my girlfriend wants to watch the movie, I hope that it turns out good.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I understand how you feel. I don't find Superman that exciting as well, mostly for the reasons that you have stated except for the flying part because I like that. This one looks like it will have more depth to the story though and hopefully not as cheesy and two dimensional wherein it's just Superman is just beating the bad guy. So even as a non Superman fan I myself am looking forward to this version.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, i kind of feel that way. He is just so powerful that it's hard to imagine a way to be excited for his adventures. But hey, sometimes you need that extra punch sometimes. And the movie director already have such great movies under his belt, it's impossible to not be excited for this.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that excited about the new Superman movie. I'm a fan of Superman, but I really loved the Christopher Reeves movies. I find it hard to watch any Superman movie without him.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last Superman movie was terrible.. it absolutely ruined him. This new one looks like they've done a great job with it, but we'll see. I actually love Superman for the reasons you don't like him lol. I'm so tired of the super heroes these days.. Superman is a classic, I grew up with him and Christopher Reeve.. he's a hero and has massive shoes to fill in my opinion. So hopefully they bring it this time.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I will never understand why people dislike Superman with his world of cardboard speeches and such. There have been many good storylines involving him (as well as many poor ones). I guess I like him because unlike Batman with his broody and his psychosis or the Deadpool with his sociopathic tendencies or whoever else Superman goes to work like a grown-up. He has an ordinary job, he has a girlfriend who generally doesn't end up dead, he tries to minimize property damage, he tries not to kill anyone, and he' s just an adult under a lot of pressure who is very helpful. There needs to be at least one superhero like that. They can't all be neurotic bundles of issues ready to snap at the drop of a hat.