Why Is Tap Water A Problem For Some People?

Discussion in Water started by hades_leae • Jul 17, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live the water we use is put into a big container set on our roofs. That tub can accumulate bacteria making the water unsafe. The tubes the water goes through are not very good quality and makes the water taste like iron. That is why we are always told to boil our water or buy filter.

2. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I love tap water and I hate boiled and bottled water, it has a funny taste.In my area due to the shortage of rain, there can be a real water problem at times,due to this fact, many people are opting to drill boreholes. Borehole water has so much minerals that the people using it , only use it for domestic use but buy bottled water for drinking.

The minerals are so much that the people who can't afford to buy bottled water and consume the borehole water have brown teeth. It is sad that the one thing which we can't leave without water,some people can't even access it on a daily basis.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    The quality of tap water in our area is inconsistent and more often, it is not safe to drink. In some days, the faucet will turn out visibly whitish or murky water. I don't buy bottled water. Instead, I buy 5-gallon filtered or purified water from a refilling station and have them delivered at no extra charge to my house. I don't mind the extra $4 a month for a cleaner drinking water.