Why Panasonic Makes The Best Microwave.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by BrandonScooterman • Jun 17, 2015.

1. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using a Panasonic Genius microwave for about 6 months and I love it!
    It's a bigger model which is nice, but there is one feature I have got so used too I don't know if I can go back. I'm pretty sure right now only Panasonic has the inverter technology on it's units.
    This technology can vary the output of the magnetron (that's what heats things things up.)
    When you select a power % in a normal unit it just cycles power too the magnetron. 90% power means it's on 90% of the time and off 10%. In a Panasonic the magnetron just operates at 90% power, so you get a more even cook.
    It really makes a huge difference.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's interesting to hear. I wasn't sure exactly how it worked, but I have recognized that the power seems to go on and off when using a lower %, so that makes sense. The Panasonic technology sounds more advanced, and I'm sure they put a lot of thought into it before changing the way it's done throughout the industry.

I have a feeling mine might not last too much longer, so I'll keep this in mind when looking for another model. The one I have right now is pretty standard size, and when I replace it, I'll stick with at least 1 cubic foot size and 1,000 watts.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine is a little worse for wear too. I've had it for several years now. I'll probably be looking for a new one soon myself, which is why this post caught my eye. Thanks for the info BrandonScooterMan. That's really interesting.

I think it would make a big difference, although I don't really do a lot of actual cooking with my microwave. I mostly defrost, warm up stuff, reheat... but still. I'd love to be able to do so without overcooking the food that I want to warm. Sounds good.

4. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    This is very interesting. I would of thought it would of been a lot easier to just vary the on and off time when cooking, then actually varying the power outage. It seems like an unnecessarily complicated thing, as you'd need a whole different component to vary the frequency of the waves. I suppose, if it results in a more even cooking time, then that's all that matters.

For everyone else, try lowering the power on you microwave by half, but increasing the time by two. You'll end up with a much more even heating and a better end result.