Why pay, when you can MAKE?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by FortisLupus • Sep 12, 2012.

1. FortisLupus

FortisLupusNew Member

Threads:
    Alongside my partner, we host a page on Facebook dedicated to saving money in our recession stricken world. Due to the name of the page, and my partner's sense of humour, I can't link directly to it. She has a fondness for profanity and I would like to preserve the sensitive minds of some of the more delicate readers :)

I will however, post several of our money saving items up on these forums. Along with what you need, how to make them, and the average savings (in British £) you can make with each item.

To save confusion, I'll make a new post with each one. This should enable members to comment on each one without creating a huge backlog of posts to disassemble finding the one that you really need.

Each post will start with the label "Make It Yourself:" Perhaps one of the forum moderators could create a "Make it Yourself" section??

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, that would be very nice to see what ideas you come up with to save all of us money. I love the idea of doing it yourself and not buying all the time. So have you got a post here on the forum so we can go to read and respond to it. Please hurry I need to save all I can in this day and time. It will be very helpful to all of us.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! This sounds so interesting. I think that your suggested forum section will be a good addition to a forum with the domain name don't pay full! :D Could you link to me that facebook page you were talking about? I am very sure that I could get some tips from you. I am in a very tight budget this month really.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Is there going to be a dedicated thread for this? I am waiting on the edge of my seat for this one! lol

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Great idea! I'll be looking for the "Make it yourself" posts now. Thanks!

6. FortisLupus

FortisLupusNew Member

Threads:
    I can't link directly to the facebook page, due to the name of it. As stated previously, it does contain profanity in the title, and in some of the ideas listed... It's my partner's humour :)

Of course, feel free to send me a PM requesting the page link. As long as you're A) At least 18 years of age, and B) Not offended by profanity as a form of humour, then I'll happily send you the link :)

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds like an awesome idea. I'll definitely be pming you for that link.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    So why don't you place it here without all the bad language and we can all have it and enjoy some of the thing that are, Why Pay When you can Make it. We can all enjoy it. Ask your friend if it will be alright for you to post it here without the profanity. You can just copy her and give it to all of us. Is that a good idea or what? Please!

9. toni_s

toni_sNew Member

Threads:
    This is a very interesting idea. I love reading tips on finances and how to save. Putting them into practice is like a challenge as well. Hope you can post it here, re-write them less the profanities.

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Come on now, give them to us before the holidays so we can have some great ideas to work from. We love new ideas and maybe we can add something to them to make them our own, if not, we can make the things that you post here. We need to save as much as we can without spending our hard earned money in the overpriced retail outlets.

11. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I try to make things whenever I can. I'm so appreciative that other people are willing to share their ideas. I can usually make things, but have trouble coming up with ideas. I've found a lot of ideas on Pinterest too.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure your posts will be a welcome addition. Everyone should try harder to make their own products, it's so much cheaper and better for you. There's very little I can't make myself these days.. it's an addiction!

13. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I would love a make it yourself forum for us to post on, I have some great things that I have made myself that people love! I make my own chips, cleaning supplies, laundry powder, candles, soaps, and I make all my won art and photography prints in my house! I think if it is something small, and I cannot find something I like, then I will make it myself, and get it the way I want it, and also entertain myself whilst doing so!!

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love this idea it is great I would love to learn how to make things myself to save money now a days it's hard trying to save so I look for any information or tips I can thank you for sharing with us

15. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Yeah sometimes it is hard to know if you can even make something, I love seeing little simple tips saying you can use X to do this. Life hacks, and sites like that I find so useful, it really has changed the way I live my life, and has helped me to save a tonne of money!

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    So what is the link to the post, I have been waiting for it. You can email me if you like and send it to me. I don't mind the language, I will just ignore that bad language and read the part that I want. When are you going to put the link up? Hurry, need new ideas.

17. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'd like to see the page myself as well. I've been a fan of doing DIY projects ever since I was a little kid and considering that my family's financial situation isn't doing very well right now, doing these kinds of projects might help us in cutting the money that we are spending every month.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is already June 2013, and the thread starter still didn't post the link to this thread. It would be nice if we can hear from him regarding the latest updates on his Facebook page, since I'm curious to know what are the things that we can make instead of buy.

19. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    With such a large family, I can always use new ideas on how to save money.

20. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I think this was a great idea. I am in the USA, I do not think I can benefit from any of it. However, I do think that I will read through them. I also would like to commend you on a great job for sharingthis with us.