Why pay, when you can MAKE?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by FortisLupus • Sep 12, 2012.

1. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Lately, I've been getting into DIY (Do It Yourself) and How-To's. A lot of crafty work that I've found are simple and easy to make like jewelry and home decor. I wish I had the time, but if you're serious about DIY, then go for it. Get the necessary supplies to make a small studio or work area and have at it! You will save a lot of money.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've always tried to make my gifts rather than buy them because I feel making the gifts make it a bit more personal, so if I consider the person special to me I'd often favor making a gift so I can show them I care enough to spend time and effort on them. These days I don't have that much time though so admittedly I tend to buy a lot more than I make recently, but from time to time I'll come up with some designs that I can be proud of and seeing the happiness on the face of the people I give them to makes the effort very much worth it n

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This sounds exciting, a make yourself instead of buying. I remember when we made our first Christmas tree instead of buying. We got a branch from an old tree, took away all the branches and had it painted white. And then we bought some small items for hanging. We were so proud of that Christmas tree but in the end, we did some computation and we realized we spent more than when we just bought one.

4. Fran Sherrell

Fran SherrellNew Member

Threads:
    Lately, I have also started making my gifts rather than buying them. I think making it yourself gives a more personal touch and show the person how much I love and care for them. Recently, I bought DIY star charms and amethyst gems tassel earrings kit in gold tone from Shop LC. Available at an everyday Low price, I love to make personalize jewelry with unique designs for my friends and family.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I was reminded of fancy food when reading this post. Note, my girlfriend can make the most splendid food that tastes like it came from some common upscale American restaurant like TGIF. Anyhow, imagine the money saved by eating her food - instead of going there. However, I think the big thrill of upscale restaurants is having people waiting on you and the whole fancy restaurant atmosphere.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sounds interesting making your own things. I am not good at building things though, but if it's easy and inexpensive to create your own things I'd like to see it. I love recipes and go searching for some recipes all the time, so a site where you can make your own things seems like fun especially when you can save money making your own things.