Why Women Do So Much Of Online Shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by fuegobella • Sep 8, 2015.

1. fuegobella

fuegobellaNew Member

Threads:
    Since the Online shopping have become so easy these days, and women are now shopping regularly whatever it may be like accessories, clothing and other stuffs as compared to men. What is the reason that women love to shop more online and offline as compared to men?

#1Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that it is just women who do a lot of online shopping. I found that to be quite a strange statement. Many many people do a lot of online shopping, including men. Online shopping tends to be a lot more convenient. You save on petrol, time, and you can take your time and relax as you browse for what you are looking for. There are no closing times.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think women are just compulsive when it comes to shopping! Me for example, if I see a sale in the mall it is way easier to resist to it compared to an online sale. Not only online sales tend to be better than in store sales, but you are not actually holding what you are getting so it's more "abstract". When you are at the store you know you are getting too much stuff if you can't even hold them in your hands. Not the case with online shopping!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you'll probably find online shopping is popular right across the board, not just with women. I personally like all types of shopping. Online shopping for me is great because of the convenience of not having to set foot outside my door. The fact that I can compare prices across many different online stores is a huge plus, too.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think women in general (except my gay male friends) love shopping online and offline. Men are more practical and don't browse, they see what they want and buy it.

My pet peeve is men who follow their wives and girlfriends around a store because they don't want to shop. You try shopping for thongs and g-strings when a 60 year old man is hanging around following his wife. It's very uncomfortable and I wish they would just go and look at their own stuff.

Women also are the ones who buy the gifts for the family so they need to plan and buy when they can. I remember my ex asking if I had bought his niece and nephew gifts, and I said they were his family and he should shop for them and not me. Clearly he was used to women doing all the shopping.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Women just love shopping, be it online or offline. I think it's just the way we're wired lol. My husband goes to the mall and buys straight what he needs. But I have this tendency to look around every store in the mall, until we go home and I haven't even bought anything! It is annoying but I just love looking around and getting the best deal out of everything.

Online shopping is an outlet for women. We get to look around and snoop into products. Search for reviews before buying from a site. It is just like traditional shopping but it is easier and relaxing as you don't have to walk around anymore. That is the appeal of online shopping.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    It places us in more control because it's the job of web copy to inform or upsell a product's best features. In most storefronts, women are generally seen as easy prey to the right sales pitch - even by female sales staff. Many women are also too busy to deal with crowds, parking, possible safety issues -although there are people who intentionally go cruising for the shipping drop-offs to residences.
    So in short, we want to view products on our terms without pressure and in the privacy of home.

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be fair - I don't think that online or offline shopping habits are gender related at all - in fact I'm more inclined to think it has more to do with whether someone is an impulse shopper or a practical shopper who only buys what is needed and can be afforded - rather than whether they are male or female.

Particularly as - there are many females - including myself - who really dislike browsing around stores just for the sake of it and who only buy when they actually need something and can afford it - just as there are many men who actually shop way more than women do and purchase much more too.

9. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    I always wondered the same thing. But honestly I think it's just a girl thing women love getting nice things especially if it's on sale.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I'm not sure it's a woman thing. Everyone can benefit from it and everyone does. I love it because we save on the gas, the grumpy crowds and the pushy salespeople. My husband prefers it for the same reasons.

11. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I can't speak for all women but I love shopping online because its convient. I'm always able to find great deals. I tend to find items online that I wouldn't be able to find in stores. I also love that I can take my time and I can shop anytime, during the day or night. I don't just stick to online shopping though I will go to the store and shop as well.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me I shop online for the convenience. I don't have a car so things like microwave ovens are easier bought online and shipped free of charge though slow to your door step. I like the fun of viewing while sitting and not going dept. to dept. in brick & mortar. The specials they have online is just superb. Like Walmart and amazon.com they ship free over $35, so for us who don't have a car it's great! It's safe to buy online too. There's sites like ebates.com to get money back, or DontPayFull.com to find deals that is so cheap! Guess this is why many like to shop online. I would guess that men don't know about these deals like we women do so that's why they don't shop online like we do. Just give the men time to find out what we know and watch the increase of men for online shopping! We all love bargains and you can find them online!

13. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Women tend to do more of the shopping, even these days, when gender roles are more flexible. Many people who work at a desk all day will sneak in a little shopping, whether it's during their lunch, or during actual work time, because it will save them time after work. Commutes are often long, in many cases there are children to be transported, and still household and outdoor chores in many cases, so as @DreekLass@DreekLass mentioned, online shopping is a way to save on time and fuel.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me but I'm not much for online shopping because I dearly enjoy the trip to the mall. It gives me a high to touch and see the items on sale and check by myself the quality of the items. Unlike in online shopping where I can only see the picture of the item, offline shopping is an experience. But in fairness to online shopping, you skip the hassle of traveling and the heavy traffic on the roads.. and no extra expenses like eating out.

15. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I think I love shopping online because I can do it from the comfort of my home, in my pajamas if I please and I can visit multiple stores and search out specific items I'm looking for. I love a good deal so being able to compare prices online make it easy. I don't shop online too much I think I like it too much and can lose track of time searching through various stores websites and merchandise. I don't just shop online for me I even love to just shop online for kids clothes too or for great deals on men's clothes for my husband. I have to admit I won't pay for shipping or for returns so I mostly shop at stores that have free shipping and easy returns with prepaid postage.

16. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Just out of curiosity, are there actual statistics proving this argument? In my household, it is my husband who does more online shopping than me.

17. banggood

banggoodNew Member

Threads:
    JUST HAVE A LOOK ,I think . :rolleyes:

18. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a fan of online shopping. I prefer to see what I'm getting before I buy. I will buy online if I've already had the chance to see the item for myself but on the whole, I want to see the quality first. Luckily, I live around 10 minutes walk from a retail centre so shopping isn't too much of a chore for me.

19. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about online shopping specifically, but a quick Google search offers up a decent number of decently-authoritative websites suggesting that women do, on average, like to shop more than men. Whether that's statistically true of online shopping I'm not as certain, as I couldn't find any case studies. As ever, these studies are 'on average', so they're not going to be universally true of the genders.

If this is true then I assume it has something to do with biology. Men are traditionally the hunters of food, whereas women were more often the gatherers of food. Hunting is focused on something specific, where gathering involves looking for the best thing over long periods of time.

20. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I think women shop online more because there's such a huge variety of clothing to pick from. Whereas with men they don't have many options. Women can get a ton of different styles, but guys just wear shirts and jeans usually. So that's why they stick to the stores. Also another reason may be that online costs a lot more than in store and the hassle that comes with ordering. I think guys are so much more simple than women in that aspect. They just want to get in and out of the store with what they need. They're kind of cheap skates. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just how they are. My husband only ever ordered clothing online from Rockabilia when he was younger. Other than that he only shops at the store and only from time to time. Whenever he needs something new he'll go. Why shop online when you only need one or two new items of clothing?