Why You Should Shop Only When You Have Time

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Jun 18, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some who believe that if you are shopping in a hurry you'll be less likely to be tempted to buy things which aren't on your shopping list. But it so happens that if all you'll do is grab what you need from the shelves, you'll not compare prices of products. There could be a possibility that there are cheaper generics you could buy that would maybe save you a lot of money.

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy mostly generic stuff because they're cheaper. But. Some generic stuff is just awful and sometimes it costs more than.name brand... seen that a few times it'd weird.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    My husband has always teased me about shopping. He had always said that I spend too much time shopping, grocery shopping and clothes shopping alike. But yes, I do like taking my time when I'm shopping. I like comparing prices of items and choosing which one's worth my money. I like making sure that I save money on buy one, take one items. And like you said, when you take your time, you get to choose brands that are cheaper.

But I guess taking your time also has its downsides. Like, you notice newer items this way and would want to buy them. So it's still wise to really ask yourself if you do need that item. Sometimes, the more time I spend on the mall, the more I want things. Luckily, I'm fine with just looking and I don't tend to act on my urges to buy these nice things.

It really depends on your self-control. But it isn't a bad idea to take your time shopping as well so you can choose the better options.

4. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    You always want to go shopping for the purpose of going shopping. Sure, there's exceptions, but the most ideal reason you will always have is specifically to go shopping. The big problems happen when you're just "at the store" instead of "going shopping." Think back to your own experiences & you will recognize this to be true :)

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate to hurry when I shop. I remember our first trip to Hongkong in 1994, my husband was always in a hurry while I was shopping. He would nag me to make it fast. That ruined my shopping and I failed to concentrate. The best shopping trip is one that I have the luxury of time especially when I have seen one that I like, I would inspect it very well. If it is clothes, you can expect me to take time because I have to go to the fitting room.

Shopping in a hurry will make you make mistakes and ruin your decisions.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This happens to me a lot. It's not that I only shop when I don't have time but I find that I tend to squeeze all my shopping onto one day so as the day goes on and I start to accumulate purchases I start to get tired and less focused especially when I already am carrying lots of bags. Sometimes I'll go back to the car and drop off the bags but that only makes me more tired though fortunately I haven't wasted that much money on buying useless things since I mostly only buy cheap items anyway and as I shop more and more I get a bit more efficient at it thankfully. Next time I think I'll distribute my shopping trip to a few days instead of condensing it to just one though I have to say coming home after a marathon shopping trip is very fun.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is so true, like what they say, "haste makes waste", so if you are about to shop, make sure that you're not in a hurry so that you have time to compare the prices. The same goes if you shop online.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I never shop in a hurry because I always like to have enough time to dig around and find sales. I only buy things that are on sale these days and if I am in a rush then I feel like I have to buy things at retail price.

9. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I don't remember any time where I was shopping and I needed to attend an urgent matter, like going to college or hospital or just anything relevant to me. I always go to shopping only If I can afford to spend plenty of spare time, like four to five hours. I'm quite stubborn when it comes to looking for the best offer.