Why You Shouldn't Buy Books From Phantom Listers

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Denis Hard • Jun 26, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you buy books online from sites which are not that popular, chances are you've bought a book from a phantom lister. Technically, they are middle-men who own websites that have scripts which scour the net for books listed on other sites. They set their own [slightly] higher price for the book and wait for the buyer to pay for it. Once that's done, they order the book from the site where it's being sold and have the sellers ship the books directly to you. You pay more for a book which you could have got for less had you bought directly on a reputable site.

If you are a book-lover, avoid sites which you've probably never heard of. Go straight to eBay, Amazon or any other reputable book-selling site. Why pay more?

2. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I've heard about car reselling, but I didn't know they were doing book reselling. I rarely buy books, when I do, I'll go straight to ebay or amazon. From my experience if a book sounds too promising don't buy it it is most likely scam.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    So it's like drop shipping? Seems reasonable enough. It's the same as every business. Every book store ups the price of a book slightly, as does Amazon. How else do you think they make a profit?

Always shop around!

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought this was a thread about something new but you are just talking about drop shipping, which some sellers on ebay do. Yes, people should compare prices, but drop shipping isn,t a new thing.
    I even know a Fulfilled by Amazon seller who does drop shipping.
    I think it saves them the trouble of having to store merchandise but I would never do it, because if the company fulfilling the orders runs out of the item, then the seller has to deal with a refund and negative feedback.