Wide Brim Hats

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by May102014 • Oct 22, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind these types of hats for really hot days. Sometimes when I have to take public transportation like the metro bus, I adore a wide brim hat. I remember during a hot summer day, I stood in near a bus stop with no shade or bench whatsoever. Thankfully, I had a wide brim hat to add some type of protection for me in the summer heat.

Wide Brim Hats.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love wide brim hats too but such accoutrements can only be worn in select occasions. For instance, on a beach getaway with family or friends, a tourist vacation to the Tropics, Hawaii or the Mediterranean, or an incognito visit to the province (maybe to stalk your childhood crush). What's great about wide brim hats is that they give you that air of sophistication. I have around 3. When I have more time, I'll endeavor to be a wide brim hat collector.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I love wide-brimmed hats too! But we often live in a place that is very sunny. There is a 2nd reason I love wide-brimmed hats; in this sunny place there is also very crammed public transport. When you are in a tight space with a complete stranger inches from your face, it is a great thing to have a floppy wide brimmed hat that covers it. You do not have to make any uncomfortable eye contact with persons that you do not know, if you were a floppy wide brimmed at. I like the stiff wide brimmed hats too but if you are attending an event, then I am always nervous I am cutting off someone's view.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think in the US it's quite common to wear wide-brimmed hats, but in the Philippines, it would be odd if you would wear one while commuting or hanging out at the mall. I agree that in our country it can only be worn on special occasions and select locations. As for me, I'm not really a fan of such types of hats.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I like them too. I have one that is make of tightly woven straw that I wear any time I am going to be outside in the sun for long. I have very sensitive eyes and can't put sunscreen on the upper half of my face because no matter what, it seems to find it's way to my eyes and then they burn and run for a long time. My hat has kept me well protected all through the summer without having to deal with any sun screen problems.