Wide-calf Or Extra-wide-calf Boots?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tangela • Sep 21, 2015.

1. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    After years of running cross country and hiking (my college dorm was at the highest point of the entire university, so yes I had a lot of hills to hike), my calves have gotten huge. Like 18in huge. I want to get some boots for this coming Fall/Winter season but I don't even know where to start looking!!

Any suggestions? I try to stay away from online stores because I don't like to deal with the hassle of shipping items back, but if there are alternatives or anything like that feel free to share :)

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You may have to look at "plus size" boots, which is what they seem to be calling wide versions of shoes and boots these days. The problem with that is the foot part may be too wide for you. You might need to have some boots custom made or find some that have some stretch in the leg instead of a zipper.

If you must go with an online store, I would advise that you shop by phone. Measure your calf and then ask them for specific measurements of the size you need.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I agree that you have to get plus size boots. I never knew they existed, but there are shoes for plus size women now. Torrid is a good place to start! Their shoes are wide!