Wifi Mobile Hot Spot Internet. Best Bang For Your Buck?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by eagletal88 • Jan 23, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I am looking for the best mobile wifi option. I have it narrowed down to either T-Mobile, or Verizon. T-Mobile has the best prices and packages, and no forced 2 year plans or early cancellation penalty fees. Of course Verizon has all that, which I hate with a passion.

It would seem like an easy choice to go with T-Mobile, but the problem lies in that their coverage map isn't the best. And according to their map, it looks like I would get 2G at best.

Is 2G even passable now a days?

Otherwise, I am forced to sign up soul over to the devil, (Verizon).

Is there any other options???

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It all depends on which company has the best service in your area. Regardless of Verizon's customer service or prices, they have the absolute best coverage overall. I'd say that AT&T is a close second, once again based on the specifics of coverage in your area. I'd recommend against T-Mobile, and especially Sprint, unless you're looking to save money. T-Mobile provides excellent value with competitive pricing, but the actual service can be lacking.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Any chance you are open to going to a no-contract company? Biggest (only) downfall is you have to pay full price for a phone and no 2 year upgrades.

We got off our AT&T contract about 2 years ago and switched to PagePlus (or Long) Wireless. It runs off Verizon towers, which, in my area, have the best coverage. We cut our mobile phone bill in half and my husband and I actually have more minutes, more texting, and more data to show for it.

That was the best way to go for us. If you are looking for wifi for a tablet only (no phones), AT&T has the cheapest 4G packages.

4. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, even though I would love to go with T Mobile, I just don't think their coverage map will be sufficient for where I live. For me, when I sign up with a company like Verizon, I feel like I am making a deal with the devil. Having to commit to a 2 year plan is a scary thought!

I actually don't have a cell phone anymore. I survived my 2 year subscription with Verizon, and then immediately canceled. So this is purely for a wifi hot spot.