Will Carrie be a great movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 20, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Carrie is based on a novel by Stephen King. I never really was a fan of Stephen King in the first place though and I never really liked the first movie adaptation of Carrie in 1976. Am I excited? Uhm, no... But I might watch it if I get the chance. My expectations are not high though.
    [video=youtube;H369sxjyhx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H369sxjyhx8[/video]

What do you think? Will this movie turn out great or will it be a dud?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It already opened, and it's pretty bad.

3. lindbergh

Threads:
    Lol. I'm not gonna watch it then. Thanks for the warning. It's still not showing in my place. I wonder why they even bothered to make a movie out of this book anyway. I think it has an identity crisis. Does it want to be a superhero flick? Does it want to be a horror flick? Does it want to be a psycho thriller?

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    There is no way it can beat the original movie. NO WAY!! I have no idea why they even re-did it. The book is the best, but the original movie is just awesome. Sissy Spacek was a great Carrie I can't watch the new one, I'll think of the old one too much.

5. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    The movie has a 51% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is great way to see if a movie is good or not. It's not an end all be all, but it's usually pretty honest. I honestly haven't seen the original and I have no plans to see the remake.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I think it's gonna be good. When I first heard of this I was very excited I can't wait to see it. I think it's gonna be way better than the old one.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't this the second remake? I think I'll pass on it too. I really liked the original version. It's pretty hard to beat. Sissy was awesome as Carrie.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I am so stoked about this too! I am not really into scary movies but I think this one, I'll have it as an exemption. Hopefully it's gonna be great!

9. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    When it was announced that the first published novel by Stephen King would be in the big screen was inevitable that began to take the usual comparisons to the 1976 cult film. I didn't read the book, so my review is based on the first film adaptation. The horror genre has mutated in recent decades and that terrified us in the 70's and doesn't have the same effect on our unconscious. However, I am convinced that a good story transcends any limit, even over time.

The criticisms before a premiere aren' good counselors, so I'll wait to see the movie to issue a reasonable opinion. The trailer looks promising, a modest remake but can attract young audiences. Kimberly Peirce had the difficult task with this new adaptation to forget the original, having to his credit with two actresses of weight: Chloë Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore. :cool:

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into remakes at all and I wish they'd stop doing them. Leave the classics alone and steal ideas from them or something lol. I will probably watch it.. I don't know. But I expect it to bomb like all the others.

11. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    I know I won't be going to see it, even though I think it's one of Stephen King's classics. The constant horror movie remakes shame the originals and are really not much better or scarier. Also, I'm not really sure I can see Chloe Moretez as ostracized and other worldly as Carrie is supposed to be and I don't think she can hold a candle to Sissy Spacek's performance in the original.
    Besides, like a lot of you have already said, it has gotten poor reviews and rotten tomatoess 51%, where the original stands tall as 92%.

12. lindbergh

Threads:
    I'm not so sure. What I know of is the 1976 movie adaptation of Stephen King's book while this is the remake of the original. Can anybody please clarify this for us?

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    While I love Stephen King as an author I can't really say I enjoy the movies based off his work. That said I do enjoy the original - and I most assuredly did not enjoy the first remake/sequel. As such I cannot see myself liking this one either. That said the book is the best - because it is a collection of "newspaper" clippings which is awesome. The original movie is great because you can't help, but root for Carrie - her life is a misery and unfortunately quite a few people can empathize rather than sympathize.

14. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't read any of the Stephen King's book, not the mention Carrie. However, I have heard about "Carrie" a lot lately, which I would like to check it out once the movie has come out. I am not a big fan of horror movies, but sometimes I do get the feeling that I want to watch horror movies just for fun. I can't wait to see "Carrie!" Thank you for sharing!