Will Microsoft’s Surface 3 Sell Better Now That It’s “the Official Tablet Of The Nfl“?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by mythman • Feb 23, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Bing Rewards told me that the Microsoft Surface 3 is "

." I guess that's short-hand for 'Nfl coaches & -players use it to help stay organized in life & -on the field,' but it also implies that they can use NO OTHER TABLET-TOOLS to do that.

Is there some kind of monopoly Microsoft can enforce by lawsuit on account of the NFL having said this?

2. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get what you mean by this. If they created a contract saying that this is the only tablet they can use, then if they break the contract they can certainly enforce it, as they agreed to the terms of the contract. I don't exactly get what you're trying to say with your last sentence, can you explain it a bit?

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I guess the NFL's mentioning of it makes it sound like 'the NFL looked & decided that the device was the best brand of device,' and I'm sure some "ambulance-chaser" (i.e. lawyer jonesing for a violation to sue-for) could jump on that if he saw evidence of 'extra-brandular devices' :p

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's just another marketing deal between two companies, no different from any other deals. NFL executives and announcers and whatnot aren't supposed to use non-Microsoft tablets, specifically anything that's not the Surface Pro 3. Technically, there are probably penalties for breaking this new deal, though it's not going to affect the announcers or anyone else either way.

5. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    Let me ask you this, if the tablet was not the official tablet of the NFL would it be different in ANY way? Would it have a crappier interface? Would it be slower? Would it have less computing power? The answer is no and so being the official tablet of the NFL makes no difference from a technological standpoint, it's purely a sales point.

Now ask yourself if the tablet will cost you more because it is the official tablet of the NFL and you will find that the answer is probably yes because they had to pay the NFL to use their name and will pass that cost on to you. You have to decide if just being official means it's better or not, and then you need to figure out if you can get the same quality from a less expensive tablet that is not the official tablet of the NFL.

It might still be the best choice, it might not be, but don't assume it's the best because it's officially endorsed by someone else since they exchanged money with each other to be able to tell you it's officially endorsed.

My advice, join a forum like this one and find out what people who actually own one think of it and read a lot of reviews from unbiased sources.