Will The Consideration Of Terrorists Strike Restrict Your Travel Activities?

Discussion in Travel started by explorerx7 • Apr 15, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There have been heightened terrorist activities all across the globe in recent times. Many people are wondering where next will there be another strike. A strike could be at any place at any time. Do you take these factors in consideration when you plan to travel, seeking to probably avoid certain places that you might believe would be more prone to terrorist activities?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My niece is a college student taking up a degree in tourism. Before the Paris attack, their school has a schedule of a class tour. However, when the Paris attack occurred, the tour was cancelled. In the southern part of the Philippines, tourism slows down when there are news about terrorism and kidnapping for ransom.

We already have plane tickets for a trip down south in October and we are praying that there will be no incidents of terrorism by that time otherwise we might not push through with the trip.

3. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it would be a very important factor considering the recent attacks and constant threats. Even domestic terrorism, like school or theater shootings. Just not going to risk my family being put in danger.

4. jamesfende

jamesfendeMember

Threads:
    Most certainly, I have put off going Turkey and Egypt, both of which I hoped to have done in the next few years

5. Cuteness' mommy

Cuteness' mommyNew Member

Threads:
    Im from the philippines so i understand the fear of terrorist attack (we've got the MILF and China on our ass) ... And i agree how fear affects someones desire to travel. What normal person would risk their friggin life just for a trip!!

Before, i used to dream about moving to the US but after watching news reports about terrorist attacks I started RE planning my move to Canada instead hahaha nothing bad happens in CANADA !!!

And terrorist attacks arent the only thing that scare me ..earthquakes scare me too .. Thats why I cant go to Japan or California ... :(

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Naturally, the matter terrorism affects my travel decisions but I do not think it's going to restrict me. I just have to adjust my interests in accordance with the situation. For instance, I have always wanted to visit Jerusalem and for me to get there, it's necessary to pass through a number of Middle East countries, which we all know are not the safe at the moment. So instead of visiting it during the date I scheduled, I will just have to postpone my plan until the coast is clear and terrorism has been routed.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Well, honestly, the threat of danger does drive down expenses. Therefore, if you're the adventurous type, you might be able to travel like a king. Nonetheless, there is a difference between adventurous and foolish.

#7Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017