Will there be another Sherlock Holmes movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Jan 20, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first two Sherlock Holmes movie featuring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law were terrific films. They were funny, action packed and full of heart, fun and excitement. The sequel left open the door for a third movie to be made. I do hope that Sherlock 3 would be released. I like it more than Downey's Iron Man flicks. I'm kind of tired of Iron Man. I want some Sherlock Holmes goodness.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know but it's possible when Hollywood have once again run out of ideas for new franchises. They are currently milking remakes so the time hasn't arrived yet. I'm sure there'll be announcements in the future so we'll just have to wait.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan, but to be honest I was disappointed with both movies with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, and I love Robert Downey Jr. from Ironman for example. I just think the movies were too dark and violent and they didn't show the brilliance in Sherlock's head, money poorly spent in my opinion, I don't know if I will see a third if they make one.

4. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan, I love the intelligence and mystery in the stories but I got a little bit disappointed with the movies, don't get me wrong, those are really good movies but I've read the book
    and typically its always better than the movie. I don't think there's going to ba a third installment because there is a number of tv series now that are based on sherlock holmes. I suggest you try Sherlock, its on its third
    season now and its really good.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't watched a single episode of Sherlock. I thought that it was just a So-so TV series. But since you said that its'a great show, I'll take your word for it.