Will this year be bigger than last year?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by jleadbet • Oct 5, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I plan on spending less on Christmas shopping this year. Anyone else doing less, or are you doing more? We had a simple Christmas last year, and I really enjoyed it. I do most of the gift buying for our family, and it was a huge weight off my shoulders to not have to get so many gifts.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This year will be smaller and simpler because I'm trying to save money to move to a better apartment so I'm cutting back in a lot of areas. There's also a family of 5 that my family cut ties with because they turned out to be bad friends, so that's 5 less gifts that we won't be buying this year.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a simple Christmas last year. This year all of my grand children are teenagers who only want money so I guess I will be getting a lot of game cards and for the adults it will be simple.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I have less people to spend on, so it will be smaller this year. Also I will probably be spending less on those who I do buy gifts for. Likewise I am expecting to receive smaller gifts in return, and less overall.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm doing about the same but i am doing more than last year but it doesn't really count as more because i was able to find a way to get almost all the gifts i wanted to get online for free due to free gift cards from sites so i am extremely happy and it was great lift off my shoulders.

6. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I am spending a little less this year. I've also gotten some very good deals so far, so I'm still getting the same, as far as the number of presents. Some of my shopping is being reserved for about a week before Christmas in hopes of getting even more good deals. I've got nothing to complain about. I'm very grateful this year.

7. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I am spending about the same as I did last year. I have drastically cut my spending over last few years by taking advantage of online deals, buying gifts during off season and by scouring local malls for best deals. I don't usually buy very expensive stuff and even if I do, I make sure that I buy them at the lowest price possible by comparing their price at different sites.